Last night at the book study 5 minutes spent on discussion about apostates

by PaNiCAtTaCk 34 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL...It's really over the top to me that anyone could possibly swallow that junk. Just the act of saying that all people who disagree with the Witnesses believe a specific thing or act in a specific way should be enough to show anyone that it's a desperate lie. That's like me saying, "All Americans have dogs. And they all want you to buy a dog. And they encourage their dogs not to believe in God." Gimme a break.

SNG

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

you said..........haha I have to admit I was a little worried about that Jude 17-25, The verses talked about ' ridiculers' and 't hese are the ones that make separations' but no one in the group brought up apostates. The angle from commenters was only about ppl that try to discredit the bible.

IPSec THIS IS EXACTLY THE SCRIPTURES THAT GOT EVERYONE IN MY GROUP TALKING ABOUT APOSTATES.

• blondie
    blondie

I would ask them to name anyone from their congregation that became an apostate and why they say that.

Is an inactive JW an apostate? If so, why and if not, why not?

Are all DF'd JWs apostates? If so, why and if not, why not?

Are their DF'd or inactive children apostates?

Blondie

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

I love the generalizations. Of course, I swallowed them hook, line, and sinker when I was a witness. I believe that the comments that apostates do not want to preach is what gets me the most. I was always very zealous for the ministry, even as a teenager being the only pioneer in my cong. But once you realize what a crock of hooey it all is, why would you want to preach about it?

And negative? How can JW's call anybody negative? Hello , pot? This is kettle calling>>>

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Typical psychological stuff "Those who are not with us must be against us" , it draws the believers together if they can see a common enemy. It makes them fearful of talking with apostates and so glad that they 'have the truth' and hapless souls like us do not.

George Orwell showed us the same tyranical abuse of power in the fictional "Animal Farm" and "1984"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

1. Apostates have nothing positive to say only negative negative negative.
    2. Apostates do not want to preach and that many left when originally told they would have to preach.

What is amazing is that none of the JWs caught on to the fact that these two statements contradict each other.

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

The power of the Internet....inquisitive minds.....alone, private...They know most people will have a peek at what all the fuss is about. The Apostate issue has to be reiterated as a controlling tool....drip-drip-drip...Apostate=anything about JW not positive...drip-drip-drip...anything about JW not positive=Apostate....drip-drip-drip......apostate=DEATH!

Bow Down I must obey

• Swan
    Swan
    Apostates have nothing positive to say only negative negative negative.

I'm positive Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong!

Tammy

• FairMind
    FairMind

Whenever the subject of apostates comes up at the meetings I attend, I feel like they “are on to me”. Must be an awful lot of apostates around for the subject to be brought up so often.

FairMind

• steve2
    steve2

"Apostates" must be really powerful to so regularly exercise the minds of the JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit