Last night at the book study 5 minutes spent on discussion about apostates

by PaNiCAtTaCk 34 Replies latest jw friends

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

Things that were said

Apostates want everyone to believe Jehovah doesnt care about them and this was referred to as a SATANIC LIE that apostates want you to believe and this satanic lie was even referred to in the prayer.(i really dont know where they got this or what exactly caused the society to publish this but this is what was said in the "Draw close to Jehovah" book)

Apostates have nothing positive to say only negative negative negative.

Apostates do not want to preach and that many left when originally told they would have to preach.

on a different note one sister brought out that when she was brought into the truth the sister that originally knocked on her door introduced herself as sister so and so and im here to answer any questions you may have about the bible. She then invited the witnesses in and they were the only ones that have ever been able to answer the questions that she had.

The mistake that people make is this. Just because someone has answers do not make them right. Make sure of all things.

• bebu
    bebu

Well, may I ask what they say about people who bring up the exact same information and questions as apostates--but never have been JWs to start with? Is it only apostates who are lying, or would I be considered to be lying as well?

In that case, JWs should not knock on any doors, because one never knows who might have "forbidden information".

bebu

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Ah the apostate bait...

I hear the same thing whenever "apostates" come up. Makes me to have to . (Sorry my vocabulary is failing me.)

Pure mind control reinforcement. Sadly it immediately fails when a JW is exposed to something like this site. I know, it happened to me.

By the way JW's want all the answers so they don't have to think for themselves. Don't forget that.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hmmm... That's interesting. Never heard that before, either. As far as Jehovah not caring about anyone... the dubs don't really know who Jehovah (actually YHWH, maybe Yahweh but certainly not pronouced Jehovah[no J sound in Hebrew]) is so it is not surprising they are confused on this issue. He cares about everyone not just the so called 144,000(another twisted doctrine of the WTBTS).

Not wanting to preach about the Kingdom... No, I will not preach about the WT Kingdom as it can be summed up in reading 2 John 7-11. However, it is a privilege to be able to help others find the Jesus of the Bible instead of the WT Jesus.

• Mary
    Mary

Isn't it amazing how they never come right out and tell you what it is that "apostates" are saying? They never say anything like "apostates say that there's no biblical, historical or archaeological evidence that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE" or they never say "apostates say you can go to the library and see for yourself that the Romans executed people on a cross, not a stake" or you'll never hear them say "apostates say that the scripture which says "..and he gave some as evangalizers" proves that not every single Christian is under obligation to knock on doors their entire lives in order to gain eternal life."

No.....that might get the ol' juice in the brains going and everyone might start thinking 'ya, that makes sense".......Instead they're always really vague about what "apostates are saying and come up with things like: "...Apostates want everyone to believe Jehovah doesnt care about them..." (which is ridiculous...I've never heard any 'apostate' say anything of the kind) or " Apostates have nothing positive to say only negative negative negative..." (kinda like the WTS when talking about other religions eh?) or "..Apostates do not want to preach..." (ya? what was your first clue?)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Apostates want everyone to believe Jehovah doesn?t care about them

This is rubbish. Many built a relationship with God for the first time after they left the organization. Some believe in no god at all, but to say that everyone who has left thinks God does not care is a generalization and meant to cause active JW?s to hate those who have left without getting to know them.

Apostates have nothing positive to say only negative negative negative.

Another generalization. I have plenty to say that is positive in spite of the fact that I have many questions regarding the Bible, nature of God and Christ, etc. The negative that I have to say is about the WTBTS. It is natural to have negative feelings toward an evil group. People who have left a concentration camp alive are not looked down upon for having negative things to say about their captors. Extreme example, I know, but you get the point. It is ridiculous for them to think that we, knowing what we know about them, would have positive things to say.

Apostates do not want to preach and that many left when originally told they would have to preach.

This is yet another generalization. I know many that have left and are now actively involved in Christian outreach programs with their churches. Some don?t talk about their faith, some do.

Just because someone has answers do not make them right. Make sure of all things.

How true?

Jean

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Notice they're focusing more on the issue of Apostacy and less on the descriptions of them?

Their base is slowly leaking.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I wonder how they KNOW what Apostates are saying? Are they listening to us .....?????

great if they are---- They might see the light at the end of the tunnel

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hhaha I have to admit I was a little worried about that Jude 17-25, The verses talked about ' ridiculers' and 't hese are the ones that make separations' but no one in the group brought up apostates. The angle from commenters was only about ppl that try to discredit the bible.

IPSec

• bebu
    bebu

Great post, jeanniebeanz!!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit