Serves me right!

by strongbow 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• strongbow
    strongbow

I gave blood for the first time some 18 months ago, I did it on impulse one day on the way home from work so stupidly I'd not eaten. Felt fine after and returned home where I started to feel faint and was sick so asked a relative (a JW) to phone me in ill for my pub job. Their response was 'serves you right for giving blood'. Wonder if it would be the same now THEY can receive it under drastic circumstances.

Also I was wondering . . . they're not supposed to assosciate with those not in the 'truth', but they'd have our blood?? Would that make them 'part sinner'

• blondie
    blondie
    returned home where I started to feel faint and was sick so asked a relative (a JW) to phone me in ill for my pub job. Their response was 'serves you right for giving blood'.

I take it then you don't have any non-JW relatives or friends you could have asked...and I take it this JW person lives with you and you couldn't call someone on the phone?

How did this JW person know where you had gone and that you had given blood? It is good not to give people the bullet to shoot you with.

Next time plan ahead to have a non-JW friend or non-gossipy non-JW relative to help you out. And don't be telling JWs your business.

Love, Blondie

Who hopes you are feeling better and go again. Be sure to drink lots of water and have a cookie or too afterwards and wait about 10 to 15 minutes before going home.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    they'd have our blood??

...and mind, soul...... need I go on.?

Am not sure of the current Bible WT view - I think maybe it's a ''conscience'' thing (thereby covering themselves in case of any lawsuits) - I'm probably wrong though.....and what a thought, a JW receiving apostate blood...

• garybuss
    garybuss

"The blood in any person is in reality the person himself. ... poisons
    due to personal living, eating and drinking habits ... The poisons
    that produce the impulse to commit suicide, murder, or steal are in
    the blood. Moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression,
    inferiority complexes, petty crimes - these often follow in the
    wake of blood transfusion." Watchtower 9/15/61 page 564

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Gosh, Garybuss - that reads like the prologue to a Vincent Price film - amazing what people believe(d).

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression,

C'mon Gary, nobody had any idea how this stuff worked in 1861...

Oh! NINETEEN-sixty-one.. oh geesh, ok, yeah, they're nuts.

(GREAT quote, thanks for sharing!)

Dave

• rebel8
    rebel8
    The blood in any person is in reality the person himself. ... poisons due to personal living, eating and drinking habits ... The poisons that produce the impulse to commit suicide, murder, or steal are in the blood. Moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression, inferiority complexes, petty crimes - these often follow in the wake of blood transfusion." Watchtower 9/15/61 page 564

I nominate this for the "Top 10 Creepiest JW Quotes Ever" category.

• badboy
    badboy

In what way is the blood in reality the person himself?

Explain please.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

This was actually the first thing that started moving me toward apostate thinking. The WTS laws on blood are so legalistic.

If I give blood I can be DF'd right? If I benifit from someone elses blood donation in the form of minor fracs, fibrin, and what ever legalist garbage they put out there, then I cant be DF'd right? Where do they get off? Why cant the other brothers see this. The blood for minor fractions comes from someone.

w00 6/15 p. 29 Questions From Readers***** Still, new issues arise because blood can now be processed into four primary components and fractions of those components. In deciding whether to accept such, a Christian should look beyond possible medical benefits and risks. His concern should be what the Bible says and the potential effect on his relationship with Almighty God.) Just because blood can be spun around in a centrafuge until it is no longer legally called blood does not make it a new issue-- IPSec

(*** w00 10/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers **** However, such collecting, storing, and transfusing of blood directly contradicts what is said in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Blood is not to be stored; it is to be poured out?returned to God, as it were.

These two articles written months apart are contradictory. The second article invalidates the first article. How are fractions made if not by collecting, and storing blood.

It would be one thing if they'd have a doctrine and stick to it but all this legalistic lawyer talk from them makes me sick. They... aw forget it they suck thats it.

IPSec

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression,

It is unbelievable the way that the r&f buy this...Oh...Yeah...forgot they were not allowed to have edubacashun...

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit