to all parents..please please answer...

by gotcha 56 Replies latest social family

• gotcha
    gotcha

hello it's been a long time since i was here just needed some input please from all loving parents...would you rather your daughter be:

1. married to a guy who's not really that great (history of having lotsa women, irresponsible) but seems to love/like your daughter

2. be gay (with woman who is quite good, responsible and everything but - a woman...)

3. be a drug addict

4. be alone

what would u rather choose? maybe you'd say you'll respect your daughter's decision but what if u can choose for her...what's the lesser of all evils..?thanks in advance..

• upside/down
    upside/down

Why can't she be with a great guy that she loves?

And "great" as defined by who... you or her?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    1. married to a guy who's not really that great (history of having lotsa women, irresponsible) but seems to love/like your daughter

Does't sound like she likes him much. Sounds like she would be selling out, kinda. (If she loved him, that would be different.)

2. be gay (with woman who is quite good, responsible and everything but - a woman...)

Doesn't sound like she likes her much. Hum. (If she loved her, that would be different.)

3. be a drug addict

God, NO!

4. be alone

Nothing wrong with that.

However, question: Why does this imaginary daughter have no feelings?? Don't THEY matter?

• beebee
    beebee

I want them (I have two teens) to have partners who treat them well, who respect them and offer them the support they need to achieve their dreams. Clearly I'd prefer they be straight, as I think the gay life comes with extra trials and tribulations, however I'd rather they be happy and gay, then miserable and straight. One daughter is definitely straight; one daughter is wondering if she has bisexual desires but so far hasn't had sex at all (she's 16) so she's not sure. She definitely likes boys, how close she wants her relationships with women is the question. We've talked about it.

So I guess my answer would be "gay" if the choices above are the only options.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Gotcha

If I had to choose, I would pick number 2.

The same gender thing shouldn't be an issue.

For your daughter to be in a relationship, all you would hope for is that she is treated good, is loved, respected and most of all, is cherished by her partner as much as she is by her parents.

Just my thoughts.

~Beck~

• gotcha
    gotcha

thanks for your answers.....

1.if with guy...maybe can have children...will follow norm and just break up when things dont turn out right

2. if girl, she loves the girl but it is just wrong (condemned in the bible), and u think your child is not gay just influenced by this other person..would u try to straighten her out? like if you feel that your child is being friends with someone who is really really bad like drug pusher/pimp wouldnt u do anything within your power to control? for example..when u before believed in jws u made your children go to the kh and stuff meaning you love them so you'd want them to survive armageddon ..so wouldnt u do same thing if u knew that something is really really wrong(you will try to control)??

3. drug addict - can be cured

4. be alone - not much problems except that there's not much happiness either

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I would support my child's decision whomever she decides to marry.

Kwin

• Brummie
    Brummie

You just have to let the daughter make her own choices in life, if she ends up with 1, 2 , 3 or 4, then thats ok, even if its all a big mistake she will learn from her own mistakes. The druggie sounds the worst choice, but even the druggie could change and turn out to be better than all the others. Its all trial and error.

Brummie

• gotcha
    gotcha

what im asking is that if you had the choice....what in your opinion is the best (least detrimental to your daughter) just like..if your daughter wants to be a jw...(maybe if it were your choice you'd rather her not be one)...sorry for asking too much

• Scully
    Scully

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'd want my daughter to be happy as the person she was meant to be, even if it is not necessarily what I had hoped she might be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit