Cinderella

Twisted Sister

Journey

Boston

Aerosmith

Bad Company

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Echo and the Bunnymen, records were produced by Ray Manzerik of the Doors.

Fuzz Box, a kick ass female group with an album entitled, "We've got a fuzz box and we know how to use it"

The Plasmatics, fronted by the outrageous Wendy O Williams

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

here's a few names i fondly remember:

Styx, The Outfield, Colin Hayes, Rush, Def Leppard, John Waite ( The Baby's), Billy Idol, Lita Ford, Greg Kihn, Milli Vanilli (lol), Wham!, Blondie, Toni Basil, The Thompson Twins, Howard Jones, Tears for Fears (though they're still 'round) Robert Plant, Missing Persons, Pat Benatar...

Oh, then there's always the Psychedelic Furs. Modern English. My personal 80's favorite was The Church. the Clash, the GoGo's, the Bangles, Kim Wilde, A-Ha, Culture Club, Pretenders, Joan Jett, Oh... yeah....Rick Springfield (HELLO!!) OH,Night Ranger ...Jack Blades (double hello) .... I better stop before I start singing Sister Christian all night or oh wait one more...this man rocks Ted Nugent!! Oh wait JGeils, theCars... ((((aaaaaaggghh must get hair feathered and frosted)))......(((hand reaches for can of Aqua Net)))

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Echo and the Bunnymen, records were produced by Ray Manzerik of the Doors.

Fuzz Box, a kick ass female group with an album entitled, "We've got a fuzz box and we know how to use it"

Oh my god, I love those groups..........Fuzz Box was so cool....so punked-out and 80's! Gotta love 'em!... I still have this awsome 12 inch that has their version of "Spirit In the Sky" ..........

And Echo and the Bunnymen were amazing........I had "Songs to Learn and Sing"...it was fantastic. Or at least I thought so when I was 18. They were one of my favorite groups. I have got to get that album off ebay or something....

I also loved New Order, The Smiths, The Cure and The Clash.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Boss

• Badger
    Badger

Glen Frey, "Smuggler's Blues" -- How was this NOT on the Grand Theft Auto soundtrack?

Europe, "The Final Countdown" -- Drum Intro? Guitar intro? Nope...try a synth intro.

Howard Jones, "No One Ever is to Blame" -- My first kiss at age 15 . I have to stop EVERYTHING when this comes on.

Basia, "Time and Tide" -- Great jazz voice. A very personal memory, too.

Paul Carrack, "Don't Shed a Tear for Me." -- A great way to let a girl have it after she kicks you to the curb

The Go-Go's, "Can't Stop the World." -- One of my get-goin' songs.

Prince, "Raspberry Beret" -- A song about a first time. very funkadelic.

The Beastie Boys, "No Sleep till Brooklyn" -- Underappreciated.

The Clash, "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" -- Combat Rock was their last album (Cut the Crap doesn't count.)

Warrant, "Cherry Pie" -- Gotta have a hair metal song.

Twisted Sister, "We're Not Gonna Take It." -- OK, gotta have TWO hair metal songs.

Linda Ronstadt, "Don't Know Much." -- She sounds like she cries every song. And her eyes...I'm powerless...

REM, "It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I feel fine.)"-- years better than that Billy Joel "We didn't start the fire" P.O.S.

• Frantic
    Frantic

I too am into Led, Pink (the essentials). As far as 80's go.... I dont have many recommendations as I consider that the years of "Metal". The organ/drum sound defined a decade like no other for me....

Check out David Bowie - "Hours" - fantastic music, perhaps one of the few artists to get better with age.

Mercury Rev - "All is a Dream"

Jesus and the Mary Chain - My Bloody Valentine etc.

If u like Pink Floyd give "Mogwai" and "Godspeed you! black emperor" a go - they have pink like elements.

• cinnamonman
    cinnamonman

The Replacements, The Smiths, Joy Division, REM, The Pixies, XTC, Metallica, Sonic Youth, The Cure

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Rush (my alltime favorite)

Def Leppard (lame but good stuff)

Van Halen (or some choice Van Haggar)

Dio

Judas Priest

Whitesnake

Great White

Fleetwood Mac (a little 70's)

Queensryche

Simple Minds (gotta love'em)

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Oh, Robert Plant. Damn that's some good stuff.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit