jw's live next door.

by zev 17 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

well, not next to me. my sister, shunned, moved into her first house she bought last week.

Gwen and i helped her and her husband and 4 kids (yikes!) move their stuff from storage, and from my parents house.

as we pulled up we realized that the driveway was blocked across the street by a small suv (kia) and that we had to go door to door to find its owner to ask if they could move it. (or possibly i would get enraged and drive over it anyways )

we found the house but told, they wouldnt be back till noon. great.

so we started emptying the truck. i kept looking at the car. this house is in RI, but the car had masshole (massachsetts) plates (tags).

maybe its just me but i got a wierd feeling. about this.

sure enough an hour later here comes the car group. i recognized it for what it was, though i didnt recognized the people right away. someone said one was a preist. i said, oh no he ain't, he's so-and-so from such and such congregation.

and to confirm that i asked my dad, who was in his congregation. yup he said, thats him.

great. my sister moved in next to jw's, right next door. and judging by the fact they met their for service, means they meet there on tuesdays/thursdays for their bookstudy group.

i'm not worried about shunned, because she is not afraid of them and will blast them out if they cross her path even by one centimeter.

it was just one of those erie ghostly hard to explain feelings that i had that said i knew something wasnt quite right from the minute we got there.

cant' wait to hear her storys from now on about the goings on from the jw's next door.

• Scully
    Scully

zev:

Maybe your sister should consider putting a NO PREACHING sign on her door.... and signs on her front lawn, like www.silentlambs.org or http://quotes.watchtower.ca etc.....

It will either keep them the hell away from her house, or get the neighbours to start investigating on their own.

Cheers, Scully

• zev
    zev

good idea scully.

a little "free avertizing " couldn't hurt

• Sassy
    Sassy

oh joy.. dubs next door..

When I moved last year, I was partially moving away from dubs two doors down..

but I moved to a new city where no one knows me.. knows I was ever a dub.. so even it it ever turned out dubs lived nearby.. they would treat me nice.. thinking they were setting an example for a worldly neighbor.. hoping they might convert me..

rather than shun me

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    she is not afraid of them and will blast them out if they cross her path even by one centimeter

I'm glad for that one centimeter limit, Zev! Good for her.

Scully - lol - good idea!

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

If the car was blocking the driveway enterance, why didn't you call the ticket cops and have THEM shove the car out your way? Besides the ofending party would have been taught an important lesson in NOT blocking a driveway!

NewLight2

• blondie
    blondie
    as we pulled up we realized that the driveway was blocked across the street by a small suv (kia) and that we had to go door to door to find its owner to ask if they could move it. (or possibly i would get enraged and drive over it anyways )

zev, based on the fact that they were boneheaded enough to block the driveway does not bode well for future encounters with these JWs. Did they apologize for blocking you out? If not....

JWs tend to see themselves as the most important center of the universe and can't understand why people don't like every parking spot on the street blocked 2 days a week. You can't even have company come and park near your house. I can remember some irate non-JWs who called the police to make sure every JW was parked legally. I guess some JWs didn't know that you had to be 4 feet away from the end of the driveway because this one book study group all received tickets one evening.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

First thing I would invest in would be some signs for in front saying "NO JW PARKING." That, along with the silent lambs sign would be wonderful.

Sherry

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A nice big "Please Donate Blood Sign" would go down well

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I remember my very first apartment. A dub lived downstairs and she would report back to my mom my comings and goings. I was never even baptized. Almost everyday we would exchange dirty looks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit