Does Jehovah accept human sacrafice or not?

by gumby 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

LT.....

I fail to see

There are none so blind as those ... .... ... . Nah na na na naaaaaa nah!

BlackSwan....I'll get back to you on King Tut. ('he's my favorite honky')

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumbastard!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

BlackSwan,

Tu put it briefly, the whole idea of "Israel in Egypt" is a foundational myth -- a historical fiction meant to artificially distance Israel from its aboriginal "Canaanite" roots.

Of course there were a lot of contacts between Judah and Egypt during the monarchy, and a strong Jewish community in Egypt at least from Jeremiah's time. Most Egyptian influence on the OT is thus to look for from the 6th century BC onward -- not in the 2nd millenium as the Bible would suggest if taken at face value.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Lt,

Did not mean to step on your TOE.

Past discussions relating to the Bible probably influenced my jumping to conclusions.

Like Gumbastard, I have little tolerance left for any suggestion that the Bible is the actual 'word of God'. As a jw I wasted tens of thousands of hours disecting-parsing its words. To what avail? Benefiting a huge publishing house to meet its sales targets.

Danny

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Dannybear - you great big pile of bear excrement!!

Caught you at last - saw your your name popping up on the screen - I was about to post an old fashioned:

HEY DUNNYBUTT WHERE ARE YA!

Like Gumbastard .. As a jw I wasted tens of thousands of hours disecting-parsing its words. To what avail? Benefiting a huge publishing house to meet its sales targets.

Discect this: Good to see you posting bro .. I'll calm down in a minute and try to make some sence. It w as great to catch you on the phone 'tother day - one small thing though if I may - calling an Australian a bastard can be a term of endearment but there's no excuse for calling me an old turd!

just thought while you were in the thick of it... lol

unclebruce

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Ozzie Darling - Let's not go through the spelling thing again (is cygnuts over his wounds yet?)

Though many academics have trouble comming to terms with it, oral speach came long before written language and is the driver of all language, the starting point of the sharing of most human knowledge. So called "good spelling" can and often does hinder ones understanding of what is being spoken. (imagine if the same restrictions were placed on pics as those placed on spelling by the high and mighty gramatically correct.

bad spiller of words, unclebruce

• gumby
    gumby

Quit using my damn thread to visit with Dannybear and Ozzie dammit Unc. Whadya think this is...a damn flop house for you apostates heathens or sumpin? Sheeesh!

Gumby

• Satanus
    Satanus
    there's no excuse for calling me an old turd!

I understand. Turds don't usually last long enough to get old. Fresh turd, maybe? Just trying to help.

S the bas turd class

Ooops, here comes gumturd. Gotta fluff off

• gumby
    gumby

Satanus....you DID realise the last half of your name is anus doncha?

Thought I wouldn't catch ys being a smartypants....didn't ya?

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Danny:

Past discussions relating to the Bible probably influenced my jumping to conclusions.

You've been away, and I've been evolving
    wb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit