Having a hard time leaving? Here's what worked for me:

by marked 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I am constantly thinking about moving far from here.But there are a small few people who I don't want to leave.Plus,thanks to the Jdub school of thought,I never finished 10th grade.Not to many employers that pay well want a uneducated bum.Thank goodness for organized labor,otherwise I'd have nothing.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I only moved 30 miles away, but we live in moderately large area, so the 30 miles did the trick for me. I never run into any dubs, and I live my life wonderfully without them.

• steve2
    steve2

Ah, the good old "geographical cure". Extreme, yes; but undoubtedly one of the more effective ways to fade.

• imnottheonlyone!
    imnottheonlyone!

That was the ticket for me too. Distance and a fresh start...

D

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I sincerely wish I could up and move. However, my husband, who is very much into the JW lifestyle, loves it here and he won't leave, and I won't leave him.

On the other hand, I have aging and very sickly parents that depend on me. So, moving for now is out of the question.

It sure would make things 100% easier.

DY

• M.J.
    M.J.

How friggin' sad! You gotta uproot your life and move across the country just for this delusional cult. I'm sorry you guys had to go through that but glad you found what works!

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

Moving absolutely does help but, if you have JW family all of your best efforts won't keep the local cong. at bay. We moved and my brother in law phoned the local congregation and sent them to my house!!!! Because of that phone call we also discovered that the neighbors across the street were JWs. Goodbye anonymity!!!!!

Curlygirl

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

and join the jehovah's witness protection program? might as F-ing well. isnt it disgusting that moving is even an option? wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit