being a member of an organization

by sun_dae 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sun_dae
    sun_dae

Does anyone need to become a member of a religious organization to have access to the "truth"? I mean, I never did know anything about the bible haven't a JW knocked my door. It's only when I've had my regular study that I became interested with digging the truth. My question is that don't you think it is the advantage of being a member of an organization....that is...for its members to have access to the truth. What would happen to those who were like me before, not even reading a single verse from the bible...would they just, you know...be unsaved. Don't you think God do have an organization here on earth whose purpose is to preach the truth, because it would be unfair if people do not know on how are they being judged. I don't know what this "organization" means though or what is this organization. HELP!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Yeah "God" had an organization on earth in Jesus day... remember what those bastards did?

That was the whole point Jesus was pointing to "blind lead blind... what happens?"

Man dominates man to whose injury?

Of course the self appointed "men in charge" LOVE for people to feel dependent on them as a "channel" to "God", again Jesus taught differently.... check it out.

Organized religion is a SNARE and a RACKET- the biggest truth published by the WTS. Perhaps the only one!

u/d

• M.J.
    M.J.

There is a lot to your question. To receive a very complete answer and how it all ties in with the JWs, I highly reccommend that you read Crisis of Conscience, by Raymond Franz.

• robhic
    robhic

Don't you think God do have an organization here on earth whose purpose is to preach the truth, because it would be unfair if people do not know on how are they being judged.
    Let me turn that around: What would you think of a God or other Supreme Being that would indescriminately kill innocent people that might not have had the chance to hear the teachings of his "specific organization"? That didn't know what standard by which they would be judged? Like people in China, some Muslim countries and small, unreachable populations? Would that be right?

Would a parent punish (not even kill...) a child that didn't follow the parent's rule ... even if this child was not their own and didn't even know the rules to begin with?

Who needs an organization? Did you need an organization to tell you that you were hungry, needed washing, drink, etc.? Why does thinking for oneself seem so impossible to some people? You already said you had the Bible to read. Could you not ask someone's opinion on parts you didn't understand or even just wanted someone else's opinion on? Who needs an entire organization?

I predict you'll be fine.

• one
    one

sun,

whose purpose is to preach the truth

what truth?

my truth

your truth

his truth

their truth

no kidding many groups around the world, prior to major interventions, resided in a peacefull way.

They only compass or guide was not really the bible, but the inner knowledge that tells you what is wrong, as implied by the two major "commands".. A sense of community or social responsability.

BUT after groups of people became too "organized", eventually into nations, many found that following the major commands was equal to becoming pray of some let's say "criminals" as tjhey called now, or just victims of those who take advantage...

In order to keep "order", nations develop too many laws but those who know better (criminals) always find the way out. So now most humans groups, nations, go by rules (laws) rather than "inner knowledge".

Then come religions offering a solution, the "truth", when in fact many are just "criminal" groups.of some sort or a few leaders setup to take advange, followed by... you whom..

History and common sense should tell us what we should do... not what we should listen to. But if we never did our home work, someone may come by to teach us the "truth".

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hi, sun-dae and Welcome to this forum!

The simple answer to your question is "No." God had a chosen nation, not an organization. Even in spite of the fact that he had a chosen Nation, he still blessed individuals at the time who were not a part of his Nation.

Anyone who has a love of Him is acceptable to him. You don't have to belong to a group of people to see truth.

Did you have any particular scripture in mind when you asked your question? I noticed you referenced the Bible.

Jean

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I thought a personal relationship with God is what was important - not belonging to an organization?

• sun_dae
    sun_dae

yeah, i've got it ....In a sense, "organization" is what divided the whole world. BUT, how can we explain Ephesians 4:5

ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM ...

How could that happen without an organization?

• dh
    dh

It's naive to think that any religion can offer you 'the truth'. All organizations can do is offer their own opinions of what they thinks truth is.

For myself, I would rather use my own mind to form my own opinions and make my own mistakes than be led by the blind.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    How could that happen without an organization?

Are you saying that God cannot function unless its through some human organization?

"Organization" is a very limiting and human way to understand that scripture. Why didn't the scripture say, "one organization"? Why would it have to be cryptic about such an important concept? Who is the one "Lord"? What is the "one faith" spoken of in the Bible? I would say it is the simple faith in the "one Lord". (see also 1 Cor 15:3-4, Cor 1:21, and the faith delivered in Acts 2).

To quote the founder of "The Watchtower", Charles Russell,

"The endeavor to compel all men to think alike on all subjects, culminated in the great apostasy and the development of the great papal system, and thereby the gospel, the one faith that Paul and the other apostles set forth, was lost - buried under the mass of uninspired decrees of popes and councils. The unity of the early church, based upon the simple gospel and bound only by love, gave place to the bondage of the church of Rome..." [emphasis mine]--WT, Sep. 1893, p. 1572

In 1 Cor 1, it talks about Christians who were identifying with Paul, Apollos, and Cephas and putting emphasis on these MEN. Yet, this is shown as being wrong. Christ is our only leader. He should be real enough in our lives as individuals that we don't need to make a big thing about which earthly organization that we belong to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit