being a member of an organization

by sun_dae 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• robhic
    robhic

Sun-dae, Sun-dae, Sun-dae. You obviously don't need an organization telling you what to think or you wouldn't be right here where you are today. You were able to think for yourself and decided to check things out. That, already, puts you one step ahead of the game.

The JWs discourage that, whether they'll admit it to you at this point or not, so you are already a candidate for "bad association" or some other archaic nonsense. You don't have to believe everything you read. Just read it! Then make up your own mind in your own time. You can do it.

Study, read, research and come up with what works for you. Would a truly loving, benevolent, god treat you like that monster of the Old Testament? I don't think so. That was to instill control (thru fear) in the troops. God loves you. He says it all over the Bible that you are reading.

Why would it be different if you are alone or a member of some high-control organization? Think about it...

Robert

• freedom96
    freedom96

If one reads the bible, it clearly states that what is important is a relationship with God and Jesus.

When you get too many people together with an agenda, it becomes their views, not God's.

• Carmel
    Carmel

The organization you are looking for is the major religions of the world. What you now need is how to put them all together and see how they all fit in the grand scheme of things. It's really simple once you get it!

carmel (pm me if you are curious)

• pericusmeus
    pericusmeus

Sundae:

If you read the Bible in Luke 12: 42 - 48 you will see that Jesus predicted different kinds of teachers. One is faithful and discrete and the others are not as faithful, as the first one and one is wicked. Only the wicked one is punished with the unfaithfuls, meaning destruction. The others are tolerated, even the one that knowingly misstreated the servants and did wrong, is punished with many lashes, but not with destruction.

When Jehovah punished the house of Jeroboham, he remembered Abiud and ordera dcent funeral for him, because he found something good in him. although all his family was wicked.

Jehovah is not a monster because he destroyed this people of the past, just consider what Jesus sain about Abraham Isaac and Jacob, they are alive! Yes, their spirit is "asleep" waiting to be awaken.

Our dead and anybodies death doen not really mean much, because we have to die anyhow. Is the Lake of fire what we have to be afraid of, because that means eternl destruction, but that is only after the millenium for most of the people.

God is merciful allowingus to die or rest now that our bodies can only deteriorate. Death is stoppin suffering. Death is mercy.

So, do not think that you are going to be destroyed because you belong to a specific organization or not.

However, we have to recognized that the early disiples were organized and centralized in Jerusalem. it was the Governing Body of Jerusalem the one that made the tough decisions.

But if we analyze the teachings of Jesus, he predicted that there was going to be confusion among christianity after the initial apostolic period.

Therefore we have to admit that Jehovah is utilizing numerous organizations at different levels to proclaim the Gospel according to the parable of Mathew 25:14-30

Note different christian organizations receiving different levels of knowledge and making good use of it. Only one third of the slaves, was condemned, not because he lost the talent, but becaus he hid it.

Also note James 3:1 where the apostle (brother of jesus) advices that not many should be teachers.

Why a teacher should fear judgement, because no teacher of the Bible teaches the same thing and your teachings could lead people in the wrong direction, causing them suffering.

This means that teachers and even organizations ar Ok, but should not eclipse the truth of 1 John 5:20, we have to use our intellectual capacity to adquire knowledge of the True One.

Teachers can be wrong.

If Jehovahs witnesses brought you the truth to your door, meaning the Bible, it was not a work of the devil, because they confess Jesus as Lord and the Bible states in !corinthians 12:3 that " Nobody can say "Jesus is Lord" except by Holy Spirit

It was a blessing for you right?

However, JW had been wrong in many issues and are wrong in many issues at the present time, making no difference with other christian denominations. How do you know if they are true christians or not. Mathew 7:18

This "tree" or organization, has produced good fruits for the Lord, no question about it, but they are not the only ones.

They dont bear weapons (neather the quakers, christiadelphians, Bilbe Students, Second Adventists, some evangelical christians), they make an effort to worship god by his true name Jehovah and preach it (Sodo the Christiadelphians, bilbe studens and other groups), They help each other (alike other organizations)

If there is not certain level of orgnization would not be possible to obey the mandate of Hebrews 10:24,25 See also 1 Timothy 3:1

So, we do need a gathering, an orgaizaional arrangement.

What we do not need is to be binded to the point that we follow men and not God.

If you need more readings about the subject, read 2 kings 5:17-19.

and give your comments.

• sun_dae
    sun_dae

"What we do not need is to be binded to the point that we follow men and not God"

Thanks for that, you gave me an idea.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I don't usually post bits from PMs but ... I'm about to do it anyway. From a PM I received (if the author wants credit, just post to claim it):

"I don't believe that Jesus, if he returned to earth this second would praise a lot of the 'religious organizations', rather he would be disappointed in the division they cause."

I agree wholeheartedly.

• Will Power
    Will Power
    God had a chosen nation, not an organization.

Wasn't it that nation that wrote the stories that were put in the book that said they were the chosen ones?

Just like the organization that writes it is the chosen one?

Actually, I think each & every one of us have been chosen. Chosen to look after each other in love.

Monday morning sap

wp

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

sun_dae, you asked ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM... How could that happen without an organization?

It happens the only way it could happen...through the power of the Holy Spirit. Any other way inevitably leads to man dominating man to his injury.

PB

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

sun_dae, read the new testament by itself, and read the 1st and 2nd century a.d. church fathers (Like Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Ignatius of Antioch, etc.) to see what the early christians really believed, and then ask God to help you draw the conclusion that is most in harmony with His holy will. Love, Jaypeeto

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've read/heard somewhere that 'normal' human beings group together in some manifestation or another. It's what comes natural to us humans.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit