Suicide

by Rico El Vato 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Rico El Vato
    Rico El Vato

My 30-year old daughter committed suicide on 11-13-2004. We had both been JW's who had left the Borg. She had been diagnosed as bipolar. I did a Search from the top of the page to see if this topic has been covered but it did not work. I would like to share ideas and feelings with interested ones. Thanks if you can do this.

• avishai
    avishai

((((rico))) There's a few on here who have been thru what you have. I am gutted by your loss. We're all here for you friend.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Vato- Dude I'm so sorry,,, I too suffer from Bi-polar ll, and have known many who suffer MUCH worse than me.

It's late and I'd love to chat... so stick around this forum, there are some fine people here (and some not so fine), so don't be taken back as I believe most have good intentions.

We'll chat... I'd love to hear the story as I too was suicidal (thank"God" I didn't do it), but it's a constant struggle.

I've always said the worst "curve" this mean old world could throw me would be for me to lose one of my kids- and you have! I cry for and with you!

hang in there bud

u/d

• Leolaia
  • avishai
    avishai

bttt

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Rico,

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some comfort here.

Rachel

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Rico - I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you must be feeling. Much Love. x

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Rico,

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

I'm glad you are no longer in a high control group.

Welcome to the forum and hope you can find some fellow understanding on what you are going through. The healing/grieving process takes time. Give yourself lots of time.

Hugs,

Joy

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Welcome Rico,

I know you must feel a lot of pain at the moment and I truly feel for you. It?s a cliché I know but it really does get better with time. It?s important to not blame yourself for the situation you find yourself in; it?s not your fault. Don?t blame your daughter either, mental illness is a horrible burden to carry at times. Its important to talk often about your daughter, never make it a taboo subject.

My Brother committed suicide when he was 21 years old I was a JW at the time.

I still hope to see him again

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Being on the other end of the gulf from a surviving family member... I don't know what to say. I've come close, but I've been just plain lucky most of the time.

I know you have heard this, but you can't hear it enough:

It wasn't your fault.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit