Could a Coup Reform the Watchtower?

by metatron 28 Replies latest jw friends

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I have often seen things in people's personal lives and wanted to intervene, but I have learned over the years the best thing to do is NOTHING. Given enough time, people hang themselves.

The WTS is against EVOLUTION, but think about it, the WTS is evolving now, and given all the change in power something is bound to happen. We just have to give it time.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Reb 8 it happend in 2000. The GB officially reitred from chair. No anointed chair the wts corps. It started as a ruse but now that every thign is in cement they don't even know if they are going to perpetuate the GB. Officially the GB are just a bunch of monks nothing more. THe "coup" happend long ago. It is just finally setting in to the writing dpt. They seem to have manic depression and schizophrenia. THey make no sense anymore. I long for the watchtowers of old that were historically inaccurate,backward, spiteful, but made sense and had direction. Now they have gotten into comic book style writing just to make deadlines and fill pages. They bust gapping holes in wts doctrine just trying to make deadline while staying current and relevant. At the assymbly they said 2 things make most jws leave poverty (in developing lands), and media/entertainment (in developed lands.).

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    I can assure you that, people do get 'stuck' in the Society! Just because you've been in Bethel for decades, doesn't mean

you still believe all of it - or even any of it. But what are going to do if you leave? Say good bye to your position? your

"friends" in the "truth"? Your relatives?

metatron,

You hit the nail on the head with this point! As a former bethelite, i have seen this attitude personally. Bethel elders and wives who have been there for years couldnt imagine leaving, not because of their tremendous faith but because they have become comfortable there. You dont necessarily have to share the belief system to be at bethel...just be fed and given a roof over your head.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Dear Metatron,

I always enjoy your posts. This one give me the hope that perhaps at some point watchtower will implode. Could we ever get rid of such a menace in our lifetime?

wanna

• upside/down
    upside/down

Why couldn't one of those planes have missed it's target (Trade Center Bldg.) and landed on Bethel at lunchtime?

Now that would have raised some eyebrow!

u/d

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Why most of the non-english speaking muslim world think we are wahabi exteremist .

• Pole
    Pole

XQ,

I long for the watchtowers of old that were historically inaccurate,backward, spiteful, but made sense and had direction. Now they have gotten into comic book style writing just to make deadlines and fill pages. They bust gapping holes in wts doctrine just trying to make deadline while staying current and relevant. At the assymbly they said 2 things make most jws leave poverty (in developing lands), and media/entertainment (in developed lands.).

The quality of the Watchtower magazine is bound to decline. They Writing Dep work hard to say something without having to take any responsibility for their words. That's what makes the WT articles are so hopelessly lacking in any content. In the long run this lack of decisive indoctrination will help many witnesses go more mainstream.

Pole

• Sirona
    Sirona

Good post metatron.

I strongly suspect that there are individuals who are in bethel, or who are high up in the borg, who know the "truth about the truth" and who are waiting for their moment to do some damage. Remember how pissed off you felt when you learned they'd been lying to you? Imagine finding out and then plotting your revenge?

If I hadn't left when I did and I was still attending, I'd make sure I did tons of damage before actually being DF'd.

Sirona

• jwsons
    jwsons

They will make up another Ray "apostate" to calm down Rank&File about scandals, that were exposed recently. So, you should be right agian, metatron. Thx for your "timely" post.

jwsons

• metatron
    metatron

If a few brothers were really clever, they could pull off a radical change of governance

like China did some years ago. They blamed everything on a "Gang Of Four" and set about

to reform the nation. You could df a few people like Jaracz and blame them for everything.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit