WOW!!! interesting response from my dad

by jaredg 60 Replies latest jw friends

• jaredg
    jaredg

bikerchic....so now that you are fading how is your relationship w/ your family?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is a little piece taken from a letter I sent my parents...

I remember when I was growing up I was always being told stories about how Jehovah?s Witnesses have been threatened, even with their lives, if they did not renounce their faith as Jehovah?s Witnesses. The stories would speak of how wrong it is for people to discriminate, harass and threaten people simply because their beliefs are different from the beliefs of other people. What you have done to me is no different. You have informed me that unless I renounce everything I believe in and join your religion, you will shun and reject me.

The next time the Watchtower Society tells you about any persecution or abuse that Jehovah?s Witnesses are experiencing around the world, I want you to stop and think about how you are persecuting me and shunning me because I am not a member of your religion.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Give me a shout if you want, I'm in Raleigh for a few more months, I'd be happy to go with you if it would make it easier... I need to catch up on the current stuff since my fade anyway.

*shaking head, can't beleive he said that*

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of our sons did that. He never went to another meeting after getting reinstated, and was never bothered again.

Sounds like your father really wants to help you beat the system, so it might be worth it for you to do that, just to have the family back.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have no issue with those who want to get reinstated just for the family sake, and then fade away. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

• jaredg
    jaredg

so this is a response that i just sent him

Hey,

ok sounds good! when i said "help me leave" what i meant was for you
    to coach me on how to stay in "good standing" with out going to
    meetings, field service and the such. i don't want to be questioned
    about my faith in the WTS b/c i don't want to lie and i'm afraid that
    if i am honest about how i feel then they would DF me again. also how
    will they feel about me having a beard? if they tell me that i won't
    be reinstated until i shave my beard and break up with my girlfreind
    will you support me knowing that their claims are unscriptual? i will
    not abide by any law that goes beyond what is written. and if they
    try and pull some crap saying that me dating a worldy girl and having
    a beard will stumble some people then maybe those people need to
    reexamin their faith. oh one more thing...i need the meeting schedule
    for rick's congregation and i need to know what to do about the
    bookstudy. i don't know if they have one at the KH.

love,
    jared
  • ko38
    ko38

Man I wish there was a pill we could shove into a JWs mouth that would wake them up.Im really starting to feel sad for those that have been subjected to the mental programing of the whacko Tower.

Im sorry you have to go through this to get your family back.At the same time it speaks volumes for your maturity and value system.

I think you are an alright Dude.Good luck man.

• metatron
    metatron

Be careful with getting re-instated. If you it happens, I recommend that you quickly 'move' to another congregation

and make an appearance there, so as to cut off contact with the persecuting elders. There are rare instances

of elders rejecting an announced reinstatement if the person quickly drops out of sight.

metatron

• jaredg
    jaredg
    There are rare instances

of elders rejecting an announced reinstatement if the person quickly drops out of sight.

man if that happened my dad would pitch a fit!! the good thing is that my PO is one of my dad's best friends. i think my dad will be able to pull some strings. i guess we'll see.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I'm glad that you have the hope of getting your family back. It's not going to be easy to stomach the kind of humiliation they are about to put you through, especially since you know that it is unscriptural.

Your dad sounds like he wants you back, and he's willing to correspond with you. That's great! Be careful, and best wishes with this.

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit