Three of the most important question you will ever ask yourself:

by Chance 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

LMAO ... sorry I don't remimber the name it's on the other page ! (I guess it's heatmiser)

Pole : That's cute Man ! ...

• M.J.
    M.J.

I try not to think so much. Even with my respect for the Bible and everything. I usually ponder things as deeply as Homer Simpson, unless I'm faced with a compelling need to do otherwise. I don't trust that my feeble brain can come up with any worthwhile speculation on the "mysteries of the universe" anyhow. Perhaps that's a rut that many people who are stuck in certain religions get into. But one difference is that I don't trust that anyone else's feeble brain or "inspired reason" can come up with any worthwhile speculation either.

• BrainlessVenus
    BrainlessVenus

What if you did not want heaven? That is not even an option, it is Either/OR. So much for free will!!!

• Chance
    Chance

Sorry, its been a while since I've stopped to read the forums. Well, BrainlessVenus thats exaclty right. You have only two choices. Love God or don't. Even the "BIG BANG" ultamately points to a supernatural beginning of existance and creation/evolution. So, since its obvious (to some of us) that God did create you, why did he creat you? For nothing? I think not. Out of all the things God could have spent his time making what did he make? He made you. So he must have love for you too.

• IronGland
    IronGland

I'll add a 4th question. Why does chance feel the need to have gaint spaces separating paragraphs?

• Chance
    Chance

Well, on my last post you can see their are NO spaces. I'm not sure why this forum put such wide spaces between my sentences/paragraphs. It was not that way when I typed it. I'll see if I can edit it or something. Sorry. I didn't care much for those spaces either.

• Chance
    Chance

As you can see from how many times I edited the first post, I've tried and tried to edit it but it continues to put those darn spaces in there. Sorry, I can't fix it. PICKELS!

• Rod P
    Rod P

Pole;

Can't get much better than that, in my books.

Popper;

I couldn't have said it better myself. Boy does that mirror my thoughts!

Everyone;

John does something on Tuesday. This implies that on Monday he already had the capacity to do what he did on Tuesday. John does what he does because he is what he is. And John cannot choose except in terms of his own nature and predisposition to choose what he chooses. Therefore, John has no free will, and it is just an illusion based on the fact that nothing stops him from doing it, or making the choice he makes. It is inevitable that John chooses the way he does, and what he does precisely because he is what he is. As Popeye says: "I y'am what i y'am!"

In terms of the Universe: Nothing changes unless it lacks something (i.e. Cause and Effect). The Divine, lacking nothing, cannot change. Therefore, any act performed by God in Eternity must be done out of immutable (unchangeable) necessity. Therefore, God does not have "Free Will". And if God doesn't, puny man surely doesn't.

Solve these two puzzles, and you got my vote!

Rod P.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome Chance.

I appreciate your concern, and desire to help. You seem well informed about the things of God, perhaps you can help me with something.

There are people who, if they had the power to construct a paradise and wipe away all suffering, would do so immediately and anonymously. They would do so without a need to have people "love" them or "obey" them, or even know that they existed. They would do so out of the pure joy of doing unto others as they would like others to do unto them. You seem very nice, I would not doubt that you are one of these mentally healthy, loving and generous people.

So, please tell me, how am I to worship a god whose love, compassion and mental health, is obviously beneath that of yours and other mere humans?

Either God is very limited and even in some ways less than us, or diminutive ideas and beliefs about God are foolish and mistaken interpretations.

Could you be mistaken? Is God less, or more?

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit