OK, So I'm thinking about becoming a witness.

by MarkAnthony 87 Replies latest jw friends

• MarkAnthony
    MarkAnthony

I was raised Roman Catholic but stopped going about 25 years ago. I was talking with someone I work with who is a JW and suggested I might look into it. So here I am.............

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hey mate, I really don't recommend it, and many here will agree, as this is a site mainly for ex-JWs.

Just my opinion mate, we all have our own path.

FMZ

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome - as with any new venture (and the bible itself says -who of you if you want to build a tower does not first sit down and count the cost) look into it carefully. Listen to the witnesses carefully, keep an open mind, check ou the posts on the board and if I may be so bold to offer just one book and one book only to read "Crisis of Coscience " by Raymond Franz by Commentary Press Atalanta Georgia available in a a few languages also. A very balanced read

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Ask any Witness whether it is alright for them to harbor thoughts not approved by the Faithful and Discreet Slave. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

yeah my path would be to go to the "best of" maybe print a thread or two for your friend

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

also check out 1 website apart from this one ( which is very good )- please also see www.freeminds.org

• Odrade
    Odrade

Haha, sorry, don't mean to laugh, but I'm relatively certain that THIS SITE is NOT what he meant when he said to "look into it."

We are all escapees from a high-control group that caused us much emotional turmoil. Some of us were abused physically with the approval of the religion, some abused sexually and the events covered up by the "loving association of brotherhood." Some of us simply had the stress that accompanies living by a never-ending list of rules.

If you'd like a fairly impartial assessment of JW beliefs, I suggest you look at www.religioustolerance.org

We here at JWD will be glad to fill you in on the particulars of life as a JW, but admittedly our perspective is a little biased against anyone joining that organization. If you do decide to get involved in studying with the JWs, please question everything. Ask for outside corroborative proof of doctrine...not the pages of their own publications. When they show you secular quotes, try to get your hands on the source material. Many of us have been dismayed to find how many misrepresentations the Watchtower Society makes.

and stick around. If nothing else, this forum will provide you with conversation material for your co-worker. LOL!

Welcome,

Odrade

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi MarkAnthony

If you're thinking about becoming a witness, it might be worth your while to read some of the articles posted here to help you make an informed decision.

Good luck.

~Beck~

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello, MarkA, and welcome!

"Thinking about becoming a witness" is your best defense.

One of the most despicable aspects of JWs is their adeptness to opportunistically exploit the desires of people who are simply searching for spiritual meaning in their lives. If I may be so bold as to speculate, it seems to me that, after 25 years out of the RC church, you have now embarked upon another search for meaning.

Please be sure that your search does not take you down the low road.

Respectfully,

Craig

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If you enjoy oral sex - it would not be a good idea to become a witness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit