Studies over....................sob............they dont want me...

by holly 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Swan
    Swan

Holly,

i asked about all the dates where predictions were made, eg 1914, 1975. was told there were some articles loosly talking the 'possibility' of something happening, but the wt never said it definitely would - how could it, these are just ordinary men, not profits. i said what about all these terrified kids id heard about then, who were really scared about 1975. she said its rubbish, you are probably all liars. i said why would a group of people with common experience waste all these hours lying to each other. maybe to the outside world, that could be a feasible arguement, but to each other. she repeated, saying apostates will do anything to cause trouble.

So how old was your study conductor? I think if you talked to the older JWs about 1975 and 1914 they would either give you an earful, or they would clam up. I don't think anyone older than 40 or 45 could deny that these dates weren't significant at the time. If they do, then they are all liars because I was there, and there is old literature to support these dates. It was a very big deal promoted by Fred Franz, secretary of the WTBTS at the time. He later became president after Nathan Knorr died.

I also said that as i wasnt going to become a jw, did it mean she had to 'df' me. no of course not, i was told, but she wouldnt be able to socialize. so you are not allowed to socialize with me? Its not encouraged - bad association. Bad association????? im a bad association? Im the nicest person i know. im not rude to anyone, I STILL believe, i STILL want to do gods will, and i see that by living by the bibles morals, life actually does work quite well, and IM a BAD ASSOCIATION. its for the protection of the org. protection of the org, or protection of you, i did ask that very nicely. One and the same thing i was told.

This conditional friendship is such emotional blackmail. A true friend wouldn't care if you still studied or not. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Do not be discouraged at this. They treat everyone this way. It doesn't mean your a bad person, it just means they are bad friends. Go to a church (Unitarian Church I think Valis suggested), charity volunteer group, or to some exJW meetups and find some real friends who won't care what religion you end up being.

And we will always be your online friends no matter what your faith ends up being. If you want to become a witch, I won't care; if that gives you comfort, do it. I will still talk to you just the same. I think others here will say the same.

Tammy

P.S. Nothing against Wiccans, just using an extreme opposite of the JWs as an example.

• holly
    holly
    You highlight the part you want to copy. Then give the mouse a right click and select 'copy'. Now, hit 'reply' to a post, in order to see your reply box. Now put your cursor inside the replky box, in the spot where you want the copied words to appear. Go all the way up top to 'edit'. From there, select 'paste', and the copied words will appear. If you want the words in a little yellow box, then highlight them again and click on the little white cloud next to the happy face. Done!

FAIRCHILD, LOOK WHAT I CAN DO. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

• holly
    holly

[[applause]] I don?t even have time to say all the nice things I?m thinking! Being dumped by the JW whacks is an honor. It shows you have integrity, strength, courage, intelligence, a sense of self worth?are you feeling better yet?
    Rebel 8 - didnt know you knew me so well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! Thank you, i feel tonnes better

• holly
    holly
    Here I am being encouraged to question!

Rebellious Spirit - so glad to hear that. Hope it stays that way for you. When i first started studying i told the jw studying with me i wouldnt be easy because i had loads of questions. she said that was fine, and it was until yesterday. i think she felt crushed by the amount of questions, considering the week before id been talking about baptism. not to worry. Im ok. and maybe, like some of you say, shes gone away and its made her question. would like to think i raised some issue thats made her think anyway. it matters not. live and let live as they say.

Swan - shes aged 60, was a jw in 1975, says she remembers no big fuss. she may be geniune, i saw someone on this forum (cant remember who, say the same thing)

• fairchild
    fairchild
    (Holly) FAIRCHILD, LOOK WHAT I CAN DO. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

GOOD JOB, HOLLY!

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Holly,

Jaypeeto mentioned reading the Ante-Nicene Fathers - The Writings of the Fathers Down to A.D. 325. They are online at:

http://www.ccel.org/fathers2/

And if you still want to study the BIBLE (not WT books) why not use this Bible Study Outline to help you organize your thoughts.

• Swan
    Swan
    Swan - shes aged 60, was a jw in 1975, says she remembers no big fuss. she may be geniune, i saw someone on this forum (cant remember who, say the same thing)

Unbelievable!

And they claim they aren't under mind control.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit