Studies over....................sob............they dont want me...

by holly 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• holly
    holly

Long story. but here's the short version.

straight away told im not ready for baptism, not with the amount and depth of questions, that ive been warned about these sites and that apostates will do ANYTHING to knock jws. proving its the true religion bec the bible says it will happen (shows me scriptures). also told it doesnt happen with any other religious group - usually people just quietly leave and make no fuss - further proof that ths is the true religion.

i asked about all the dates where predictions were made, eg 1914, 1975. was told there were some articles loosly talking the 'possibility' of something happening, but the wt never said it definitely would - how could it, these are just ordinary men, not profits. i said what about all these terrified kids id heard about then, who were really scared about 1975. she said its rubbish, you are probably all liars. i said why would a group of people with common experience waste all these hours lying to each other. maybe to the outside world, that could be a feasible arguement, but to each other. she repeated, saying apostates will do anything to cause trouble.

i asked what was wrong with looking at the evidence 'against' jws, that if i was to become a mooney, wouldnt she advice me to look at it from all angles? she said she would, bec the moonies wasnt based on true translation of the bible.

i asked about df'ing people. she said it was scriptural to keep congregation clean (showed scriptures) and also said you werent even to give greeting to such people (showed scriptures). i said what about those that having been df'd, returned and were ignored. i said it was callous and i know jesus would not ignore them. she said it is for the protection of the congregation. long discussion. wouldt budge.

i asked how jws were able to interpret difficult scripture. she showed me something in Daniel, saying it would be revealed in the last days.

i asked about 144000 and why so many still alive, all over 90, it wasnt feasible. she said some had been replaced. if someone falls away, some are replaced, so may be younger.

i said it wasnt fair that if you take two wordly people and one dies before armageddon, he could be resurected. but the unlucky bugger who survives it through, will just die. i said i knew loads of people in the church, whose only desire was to serve god. were they gonna die? yes, im afraid so, i was told. everyone will have ample chance, before the end, to become a jw.

i asked why god didnt just show himself. she said people asked jesus the same thing and he said 'if youve seen the son youve seen the father'. i told her i havent seen the son either. why does he have to be so secretive. if he showed himself, then we could all make a choice. she said we couldnt see god and live. so i said well why doesnt he just prove he exists. she said he had done that in the past and people still dont want to know and turn away from him. i said, well at least they had the chance, weve got nothing, yet we are going to go down at armageddon. we are living apparently in the last days where sin is rife, no proof of god, yet he will kill us at armaggedon. Fraid so.

was told to research all i wanted and when i was ready, i could resume study, if i got over my doubt.

bit dumbfounded at that. 'so you giving up studying me'. 'yes' you need to find the answers to all your questions. ive told you as much as i can and if you still have so many questions, it obvious your heart isnt in the right condition at this present time'

in a nut shell DUMPED.

someone please say something nice. im feeling all lost..............

• Poztate
    Poztate
    bit dumbfounded at that. 'so you giving up studying me'. 'yes' you need to find the answers to all your questions.

I always thought they studied with you to answer all your questions??

Maybe an elder would know the answers???

Just kidding........

someone please say something nice. im feeling all lost..............
    Ah...We love you...Study here...LOL
  • Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Soooooooo, Holly......it seems you've been "dumped".....because of having questions.....it's because your faith in the WTS and its teachings is supposed to be blind faith, according to your teachers........

Good thing you found it out now, rather than after baptism, cherie. Being shunned because of questioning the WTS teachings and policies means disfellowshipping after baptism. You'd be treated as though you're dead, non-existent, deleted....this, after having coerced you into abandoning all "worldly friends, family and associations"....

Hugs,

Frannie

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

How about Congratulations!

• Valis
    Valis

holly...if you feel you need a religion in your life try the Unitarians..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You should have gone and printed some quotes direct from the watchtower and older pub's less on 75 (they had started to learn a lessen) LOTS available on 1914 and other dates dates most witnesses aren't even AWARE of!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    also told it doesnt happen with any other religious group - usually people just quietly leave and make no fuss - further proof that ths is the true religion.

LMAO... you should do a search for ex-Mormon web sites.

There are also, ex-Catholic, ex-Seventh Day Adventist, ex-Islamix, ex...... on and on....

• Pole
    Pole

Hi holly. Congrats on making sure you make a conscious choice.

Just to address one of the points:

i asked about 144000 and why so many still alive, all over 90, it wasnt feasible. she said some had been replaced. if someone falls away, some are replaced, so may be younger.

So why do the great majority of the modern annointed bunch come from Western countries. What's wrong with the Chinese or with Muslims? They won't get represented in the heavenly government? Besides if you look at the historical estimates, the number of early christians is generally estimated at much more than 144,000. And the number of "registered" annointed JWs is something at least about 50,000+. (there was another thread on it recently) Looks like Jehovah created some extra vacancies.

i asked why god didnt just show himself. she said people asked jesus the same thing and he said 'if youve seen the son youve seen the father'. i told her i havent seen the son either.

LOL :-)).

I guess this bit says it all:

it obvious your heart isnt in the right condition at this present time'

Translation: You are unwilling to lie to yourself at this present time. You are not ready to buy into those silly explanations. Go and repent. Then get back and swallow it all without further questions.

Pole

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

((((((HOLLY))))))

I hope you find all the answers you are looking for.

MonkeyPrincess

• jgnat
    jgnat

Congratulations, holly! You've been dumped by a high-control religious order!

I am gonna tell you a story about the horse-whisperer, the real one, not the one from the movie. Horses, like people, are social creatures. They go nearly crazy if left alone. The horse trainer has a way of turning away from the horse, and with body language says, "I am ignoring you." Even a wild horse, afraid of being alone, will approach the trainer and nuzzle his shoulder. After that, the horse is his, easy to handle.

Or consider an abusive partner, called to account, "rejects" his partner, declaring her unworthy. A foolish woman comes crawling back, begging for forgiveness. Why? Nobody likes rejection, nobody wants to be alone. A smart woman says "good riddance", has a good cry, dusts herself off, and starts again. Why? Because deep down inside she knows she is worthy of more.

You stopped being "easy meat", is all. Your study leader, to maintain her delusion, has to consider you to be unworthy of her attention and run, run, run from your distressing questions as fast as she can.

...and by the way, holly, welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit