Studies over....................sob............they dont want me...

by holly 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Holly, you weren't dumped, you were SAVED!

Thank your lucky stars!!

The Pope

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    i asked about all the dates where predictions were made, eg 1914, 1975. was told there were some articles loosly talking the 'possibility' of something happening, but the wt never said it definitely would - how could it, these are just ordinary men, not profits.
  • jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Holly,

Sorry you are feeling dumped, but so glad that you found out the truth about the 'blind faith requirement' of the witnesses. If you had found out after being baptized you may have been DF'd for your questions and you'd have an entire group of people in your town treating you like crap. At this point, you can escape without quite so much trauma.

(((hugs for Holly)))

Jean

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I was about to react to the same excerpt Pole just quoted:

it obvious your heart isnt in the right condition at this present time

This is meant to induce guilt and distrust in your own mind. Implied, if you had a good heart your mind would not work this way. This is a pretty effective mind control device.

Funnily enough, in Hebrew the "heart" stands for nothing but what we call the "mind".

• holly
    holly

thank you people. the worst of it is. id actually got to know this woman quiet well. id been away with her and some of her friends and family. id gotten to know a lot of people i actually liked. and a lot of the friends i had before i stopped mixing with. and now she doesnt want to see me. she was still nice to me today, even though i could see i was offending her deeply. i did that as gently as possible. even offered to show her this site. might as well of offered to call up demons...........................oh well...............unitarians............dont know what they are but will take a look Holly xx

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Good thing you found it out now, rather than after baptism, cherie. Being shunned because of questioning the WTS teachings and policies means disfellowshipping after baptism. You'd be treated as though you're dead, non-existent, deleted....this, after having coerced you into abandoning all "worldly friends, family and associations"....

Yes, your experience was like a micro version of getting your whole life dumped in front of you which happened to some of us.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Holly,

Chin up girl, don't cry, this JW gave you something that some others would not. She saw that you questioned her belief system, and her answers did nothing for you. The reply 'it's obvious your heart isnt in the right condition at this present time' is not for you but for her, to protect herself. If she meditates on your questions, then that creates the possibility of doubt in EVERYTHING she believes. Remember that for JW's it is All or Nothing. Check out the first two questions for baptism.

So, she's let you go to think on your questions, and, to do more research on your questions.

If you were a committed JW, then you would be accused of apostasy (JW term for heresy) for doing your own research and coming up with something different from the 'society'.

So, my advise is take her advise! and do more research on your questions. If you are searching to answers, don't stop, keep searching. Use ALL resources available to you. I'm new to this forum and am going to stay because there are some great people here who are not only loving and kind, but also do their research.

Stick around and ask questions.

And if these words aren?t helping I advise starting with a huge bar of chocolate. God's true gift to people.

Thinking of you

Steve.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi Holly,

Sorry to hear all that, but do remember that here on JWD all questions are welcome and you won't be dumped for asking too many. I thought about you today, after reading in a different thread that this would be the day you'd ask those questions. Got to admit I was curious about the outcome. I'm in the same boat as you, and they warned me over and over again not to check out sites as this one. As a matter of fact, wouldn't you say that one's curiosity just seems to grow after each warning?

i asked about 144000 and why so many still alive, all over 90, it wasnt feasible. she said some had been replaced. if someone falls away, some are replaced, so may be younger.

Let's see if I can get this right.. If they keep replacing the ones that fall away, then they will NEVER die off. Gosh, and I was getting my survival kit ready for armageddon, now it could be centuries before it happens, darn. *Unpacks survival kit and start eating dried bisquits*

No, serious. Think about it Holly. Apparently the questions you asked 'hit home' in a rather painful way. Otherwise, they would just have answered your questions and set a date for the next study session. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against JW's. In my honest opinion, most of them are very kind people. However, I do hope that you will learn something out of what happened today. In just a little while, you will look back on this day and see it in a different light.

Jehovah is still there for you, don't worry.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's another kind of bible study you might enjoy, questions welcomed! Many different kinds of churches run it.

www.alpha.org

• Panda
    Panda

Holly , How fantastic! You have touched some frightening chord in your JW friend and she can't handle it. As long as she felt she had the secrets of the universe to disperse she was happy to "help" you along. But as you questioned the emperor's new clothes her mind said DANGER DANGER. In her mind you are doomed. If the WTS's blinders remain in effect she will continue in her own personal paranoia "I must not see I must not see... the truth."

Who knows? Maybe your friend won't be able to forget your discussions. And just think of the attention she's getting from the elders right now... they must make damn sure you haven't left any satanic(worldly) dust on her.

Congratulations and welcome to JWD.

Big Hugs from Panda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit