what a difference 6 years makes

by Goldminer 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

Living in a fairytale world works until you get to the last page. Stealing a weekend away from the meetings and door-to-door work, and being in the company of close friends was a pleasure. I'll always remember the good times while living the fairytale, but they don't endure. Fast-forward 6, 8 or 20 years, and one sees that the friendships, the mind set, and JW routine only continues while caught up in the story. Some return again to re-read the fairytale, but the magic is gone.

I found your story interesting, Goldminer, it brought back some lingering feelings.

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

Since I left I couldn't be happier...unfortunately this is the way it usually goes.....

1 of my best ex JW friends lives a life of confusion, she was DF'd, had a baby, became very promiscuous, and has now relocated with her lesbian lover in Atlanta

My closest JW friend ever did some time for armed robbery and assault, he's now starting a new life w/o the organization....

Another friend graduated from college, got married and went back....I wish her the best of luck

One friend left his zealous parents, grew a beard and told everyone to kiss his a**, but he occasionally visits the hall...

everyone else, I've lost touch with, but all of my cousins on both sides of my familyside no longer participates in our parents religion....except for 2.....so the cycle repeats itself no matter where u are..I for one have never been happier!!!!!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Well here's a post-jw story.

For the past 5 years, I have gone to a particular city for a St.Patty's day festival with about 30 of my closest long-distance friends... we have gone every year, and every year we have the best time... all girls, all laughing, goofing off. I have my tickets and will be there in March again this year!

I could have never found girls to do that when I was a JW, NEVER....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit