what a difference 6 years makes

by Goldminer 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Summer 1998

My wife and I, along with 2 other couples and a single sister spent a week-end at a cottage.We had lots of fun;swimming,hiking,telling jokes,playing music,enjoying meals together.All in all a very fun week-end(except when a few had a panic attack on sunday morning and absolutely had to leave to go to the meeting).Anyways the rest of us cleaned up and went back to town for lunch.

Fast-forward 6 years-Summer 2004

6 of those 7 are now inactive(the 7th might be,I'm not sure),2 are disfellowshipped,one couple is divorced,the other couple are having serious marital problems(separated for a while),the single sister got married and is now living a life of hell(married to a complete power-hungry freak).The only couple still together are my wife and I,me struggling to fade away from the jw's and her struggling to do more for the "truth".

Anyways,my wife and I were thinking about that week-end at the cottage and saying how we could never be us 7 again there to enjoy another week-end like that.And to think,jw's are supposed to be the happiest people,you'd think this would have become an annual thing,not people leaving each other or just becoming more miserable as the years pass us by.

Thought you might find this story interesting,and if you think about it,how many jw's can tell a similar story?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    how many jw's can tell a similar story?

Too many of us, I'm afraid. It breaks the heart; it's like having the few good memories that we do have as witnesses stolen from us.

They are not a happy people. They are miserable, judgemental and bent on having Armageddon come and destroy everyone so that they can finally just lead a 'normal' life.

It's just too sad.

Jean

• freedom96
    freedom96

Life can be difficult enough, without having the pressure of being a witnesses added to it.

Too many times the only reasons a group of people as mentioned won't get together again is simply because of the way each feels about the WTS, either pro or against.

• franklin J
    franklin J

life goes on evolving and you can never go back....in my case; I would never want to

• undercover
    undercover

Wow, when you go back and think about it, there really are a lot that left.

My best friend growing up, DFd
    Another good friend committed suicide
    My sister inactive, husband DFd
    My brother active, but hypocritical

In my wedding:
    Best man inactive
    Groomsman 1 dead
    Groomsman 2 inactive

Teenage buddies:

inactive
    DFd
    DAd then reinstated but now inactive
    inactive
    elder
    elder
    MS
    inactive
    elder, DFd, reinstated, reproved, MS, reproved, active
    elder
    ex-bethel, inactive

Friends since being married:

One couple divorced, she's DFd, remarried out of truth, he remarried in truth, MS, reproved, still active
    One couple divorced, she's DFd shacked up with a guy, husband active(barely)
    One couple still married, she's active, he's active, but reproved twice and unhappy
    One couple, she married out of the truth, reproved, he studied then dropped the study

Elders kids I grew up with:

elder, had affair, DFd
    pioneer sister in school, DFd, shacked up with a guy
    pioneer sister, DFd married out of truth
    pioneer sister, DFd, reinstated, active, kids, hes an MS
    Bethelite, left, DFd
    Bethelite, left, elder in local hall
    married young, several kids, inactive, husband inactive and abusive
    MS, reproved, DFd, reinstated, reproved, married, active
    ne'er do well, semi-active
    elder

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Oh undercover, do you where deodourant???

just kidding. lmao !!

orangefat kitty, meowwwwwwwwwww.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Yes there are alot of experiences like that. When I was in Montreal several pioneers were disfellowshipped. One weekend my sisters best friends were always telling her what was wrong with me. Anyways this couple and the sisters brother moved out of montreal and were disfellowshipped. They were a real cruel vicious couple and if you didn't fit into their clique you were a piece of shit...

One young sister married a brother and after he gave her three or four children tells her he is gay and been living a double life. She was mortified and he was disfellowshipped.

One of my friends who was so nice he was a good chap too, well he was disfellowshipped several years ago. He use to take me out for steak dinners. we weren't involved but just friends. My sister had a major crush on him and yet he wouldn''t give her the time of day.

I openned my home in Montreal to pioneers coming to Quebec to serve where the need was greater. The Society had a French Class and so I would have some stay with us for the 8 wk course. I watched many come and go over the years and go on to greater things in the organization, and others were sadly disfellowshipped. The girls would get involved in relationships with French brothers and so many of these ended up a mess and there where big time disfellowshippings. I think too many of them were eager to leave unhappy homes and find brothers to lean on. It was sad to see alot hurt. I had one sister who I allowed to live in my home and she was a back stabbing little hypocrite. She was a real piece of work and one day she was picking on my sister and it had be escalating for quite a while and the final straw was when she went to the elders and lied about me. I told her to pack up her things right at that moment. I said if you don't leave right now I will throw all your belongings on the road.

She tried several times to smear my good name, I really think it boiled down to jealousy as I had a lot of men friends and she had no one because of the way she was. So her mom came that night picked up her belongings and I told the sister that her daughter was a such a trouble maker I didn't need her kind disrupting the peace in my home. She even lied to the CO about me but he knew what she said was wrong and told me to just let her be she will cook her own goose. It is really tragic though when people in the organization try and make the lives of others so unhappy because they are unhappy themselvess.

I could write a book on the tales I know, but alas I may save that for another time in my life...

luv ya

Orangefatcat....

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Hey orange, all three of my sisters went through the french class in Montreal (around 1969 - 1979). I also had a cousin who flunked out of it in the mid-80s.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

running man. No kidding. I lived a few doors down from the Louis Hebert Kingdom Hall. Brother Andre Aveline was the school instructor as well as several others. We had some good teachers. I just loved our instruction manuals great big brown book with stick people. I don't have mine anymore my sister took it with her when we seperated years ago and now she lives in Australia.

Manybe I know them as I mentioned I had many witnesses over the years stay with me. I went to the French Class in May 1971. I moved to Montreal in 1970 and moved away in the spring of 1984.

Met some really nice people and some really nasty people. Anyways thanks for telling me.

Love Orangefatcat

• lilybird
    lilybird

When my husband and I were newly married(at 20years of age...yikes) we were invited by a witness friend of ours in another city to a house party his parents were having , His father was a ministerial servant and so the party was filled with others and elders. We were young and naive and shocked to see heavy drinking and the husbands with arms around everyone else's wives. We were thought it was disgusting at the time as we thought these ones were spiritual leaders. Older and wiser ,,after being out of the or for 18 years( we both left together), we see that they were just miserable in their lives and trying to spice it up a bit.. In other words.. no different from all the wicked worldly people we are not to associate with...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit