Anointed to Apostate

by groovycat. 36 Replies latest jw friends

• groovycat.
    groovycat.

Hey,

Does anyone know if any of the 144,000 has left the JW's due to a change in beliefs? What was the reaction of their hall?

I suppose that would then mean that they were never really one of the 144,000 and that someone else is destined to be, but it would be seen by the remaining JW's that they had a lot to ‘lose’ - might get them thinking.

Just wondered.

Groovycat

• under74
    under74

mmmm...I don't know about any "annointed ones" leaving. The one annointed lady I remember well I would bet is still in afterall she was treated very well even though she was crazy. I knew she was a loon at 10 years old when she'd start talking about Gene Kelly (Singin' In the Rain) being demonized.

• groovycat.
    groovycat.

LOL

Reminds me of some of the ridiculous things my mother comes away with.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Ray Franz who wrote 'Crisis of Conscience' was of the 'annointed' and a member of the Governing Body.

He was branded 'Apostate'.

Eyeslice

• under74
    under74

ahhh- good call eyeslice

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I heard of one in 1979 and met him once after he left

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Ed Dunlap too?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I personally know two who left after being of the "annointed." Both very good friends and both very much well adjusted ex-jws who are happy in their post jw lives. Of course, you know with them leaving that opened up two slots on the list so someone else could get into the club!

Sherry

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

There's one who occasionally posts on here: Amazing1914

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Identifying oneself as "anointed" in the JW system of thought is a quite common "intermediate step" on the way of "apostasy" (according to the WT definition, again).

Any JW believer who starts reading the NT is bound to feel attracted to texts which are branded as "only for the anointed" in the JW doctrine. The next step is realising that the whole doctrine of "two hopes" is b*llsh!t...

I think this was the exit way of many here (I'm thinking of LittleToe in particular). It certainly was mine: I partook in the Memorial in 1986, together with a friend of mine, and we were both df'd for apostasy a few weeks later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit