Anointed to Apostate

by groovycat. 36 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I'm an oldtimer so in my early years I saw several JWs partake that were of the pre-1935 group. I also saw about 3 or 4 from the post 1935 group who partake. Of course, their validity was questioned by the elders but eventually they gave in and accepted them as "real" anointed.

The vast majority of those who are anointed live in NYC or that general area so I can understand why many have never had an "anointed" person in their congregation.

But it is all in how you look at it. Many were JWs and never partook and then left and started partaking. Was that a case of going from Apostate to Anointed?

Love, Blondie

• steve2
    steve2
    who is just a bit on the looney side and who is really annointed?

hey fairchild, your question is good. Some might lighheartedly note that a JW would have to be "just a bit on the looney side" anyway to be bold enough to claim to be of the anointed in a group that is so paranoid about modern-day claims to being of the anointed.

Perhaps it's those JWs who don't appear looney but who claim to be of the anointed that are "faking it"! This all rather seems like the script from a mad movie but the viewing is riveting!!

• steve2
    steve2
    Was that a case of going from Apostate to Anointed?

Blondie, I love your astute view of things!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

There seems to be some confusion setting in here about WTBTS theology.

The Governing Body claims to represent the 'faithful and discreet slave', and hence all of Governing Body are of the 'annointed'. There aren't non-voting, non-annointed members of the Governing Body. The Governing Body alone vote on any proposed changes to JW doctrine.

Non-annointed at Brooklyn may well run the corporation, oversee much of the writing, publishing and distribution, etc. and may well have a degree of influence with members of the Governing Body but it is only what is agreed behind the closed doors of the GB meetings that has any weight.

It's just the way it works in JW land.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    The Governing Body claims to represent the 'faithful and discreet slave', and hence all of Governing Body are of the 'annointed'.

In that case it will be truly interesting to see what they are going to come up with in, let's say, 10 years or so, because they will all be over a hundred, right?

• groovycat.
    groovycat.

Was just thinking that; all of these guys must be at least 90 years old just now - how much longer will they last?

Actually, new topic coming up ;)

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

God forbid that annointed that are not bethellites run spiritual matters!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit