A proud brother writes. letter to Bill Bowen.

by avengers 68 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    Is it just me? Does anybody else take this post to mean that Bill faked the letter ?

No, I didn't read it that way at all. I think the poster is referring to his JW-appologist cause.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Bill isn't perfect, so maybe disclosing the financial records of silentlambs would be a good idea. Maybe he just hasn't gotten around to it yet, or thought of it. But it is a good idea to have everything in the open and up to the public eye. Frankly, I might have donated if Bill could prove, through his financial records, that he was spending the money wisely (doesn't have to be perfect - I don't care if he stays at the Waldorf during court cases, but certainly the accounts of a charitable organization should be open to the public.)

If he doesn't open the books, I don't donate, no matter how noble the cause.

CZAR

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

...too bad while he was learning to 'speak and write Hebrew' he didn't take a stab at mastering his mother tongue...

Where does it say that English IS his Mother Tongue?

Why has this Bowen Man got such a reverential Following?Personally i am disturbed by someone whose life revolves around Child abuse no matter the Crusading capacity they see themselves part of.Is he any differant from the "Janitors,carpet cleaners,bank tellers etc etc"that are always being pilloried for taking on problem cases that they are clearly not properly qualified for?Yeah,im flying against the Majority on this board ,but so what.I have also struggled in the past to see where this huge Child abuse problem in the Religion is?

Yes cases must occur and clearly some on this board have been affected.That is awful,but i refuse to believe that a Religion my Parents are part of would be so corrupt as to shield Child Abusers that are endemic in number!

Those who enter into the same court as this guy, by criticizing or attacking Bill's financial status, or real purpose in maintaining SL, are foolish. While we do not know the particulars of those matters - we do know the reasons behind his efforts, how he got railroaded, and what he sacrificed to get this issue out in view. -- AK -- Jeff

This guy has obviously not wandered far from the kingdom hall. Asking questions is foolish? Sounds like Watchtower management material to me!

I find it very interesting that those who purport to advocate the interests of Mr. Bowen and Silentlambs in response to very legitimate questions/concerns about him and said organization resort to attacking those who raise such legitimate questions/concerns. Earlier in the thread, such questions/concerns caused a poster so much anger that he had to resort to vulgarity in his response. Many leave the kingdom hall, but does the kingdom hall ever leave them?

If Mr. Bowen is being paid a reasonable salary from the donations received by Silentlambs, I see no problem with that. He has obviously spent a lot of his time in this endeavor and it is unreasonable to expect him to do all this without being paid. Everyone needs money to survive. However, the Silentlambs site claims that "[a]ll work is voluntary and no salary is taken for personal benefit. When you support silentlambs your donation goes 100% to abuse survivors and programs to protect children." I believe this claim to be questionable in light of business realities. My questions could easily be cleared up by the disclosure of audited financial statements.

Contrary to the rather foolish assertions made elsewhere in this thread, questioning the motives and claims of Mr. Bowen and Silentlambs does not amount to "judging" him and that organization. Rather, it constitutes the gathering of data from which one can make wise and informed conclusions, instead of the blind acceptance of the claims at issue that some here appear to be comfortable with. Such blind acceptance appears to be attributable to the emotional appeal of Mr. Bowen and Silentlambs, who have allegedly experienced great hardship as a result of their stance against the Watchtower. However, it is always wise to separate one's emotions from their critical thought processes.

I guess hell awaits me for questioning the rather lofty claims of Silentlambs and offending those here who failed to learn the most important lesson taught by the Watchtower, which is the need to question authority of any kind, even that which seems to agree with one's own viewpoint.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

If 20 years as a JW has taught me anything, it's this:

I will not trust or believe any person or any organization simply because someone tells me to!

If I trust someone it is because they have earned my trust. If someone wants a donation for a charity, they must provide evidence (in advance) of how the money is distributed, or my wallet will never open. It's not my responsibility to bend over backwards or jump through hoops trying to research an organization. THEY are the ones looking for money - it's THEY'RE responsibility to convince me that my money is well spent.

Walter

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Those who enter into the same court as this guy, by criticizing or attacking Bill's financial status, or real purpose in maintaining SL, are foolish. While we do not know the particulars of those matters - we do know the reasons behind his efforts, how he got railroaded, and what he sacrificed to get this issue out in view.

I do not view him as a hero - but I applaude his efforts as heroic!

AK Jeff....I agree with you fully. He is heroic...Look at his page and the amount of hurt he has inflicted on the WT in just a few short years.

I am sure the same people who would not support Silentlambs are the same ones who would NEVER give a donation to this site for the work that SIMON does. Hopefully when Simon fully discloses where all his "paypal" money goes that support will pick up.

AK Jeff....I agree with you fully. -- Poztate

Birds of a feather . . .

• Poztate
    Poztate
    AK Jeff....I agree with you fully. -- Poztate

Birds of a feather . . .

The last part of the phrase is flock together... I hope I can flock together enough for those on JWD that are feeling that WWW.silentlambs.com is making a difference. I believe that we can make a difference but only with support. I would like to bring down the WT ORG. There are other posters that are "bean Counters" that canot see the big picture. It may be because they were abused themselves as a child and now resent that Bill Bowen is standing up for these issues but were not there for them when they were young.I would urge all to support THIS SITE and Silentlambs as It helps to expose the WT and drive it to the ground.

• HEAVENS DESTINY
    HEAVENS DESTINY

Did I here they donate money to people in third world countries and that they welcome people w/out a home in there home. I thought JWs dont participate in disater relief isnt that donating money to worldly people and they let them stay with them I thought or should I say my bible study teacher said JWs would never allow a worldly person to stay in there home????Now you know why I dont study anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit