A proud brother writes. letter to Bill Bowen.

by avengers 68 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• avengers
    avengers
    "So William Bowen, what did you get disfellowshipped for? I can't believe
    the false information you are giving about Jehovah's Witnessess. You are putting
    statements in your website that clearly the people were never a witness you can tell
    by the way they word there stories. Is is the only way you know how to make money,
    by making up stories to bad mouth Jehovah's Witnessess? Sure there SOME people who
    go overboard and do things the wrong way. But it is the same in EVERY religion,
    whether it is Catholic, Mormon, etc.. I'm sure there are some cases where
    molestation was handled bad. I never heard of any cases like that but no one is
    perfect. In fact I know of an instance where there was a child molestation and it
    was handled in the different from what you are stating. Why don't you say anything
    good abouyt the religion like how millions are donated each year to the people in
    need every year like in Africa and several other third world countries, how in
    natural disasters Witnesses help EVERYONE with cleanup letting starngers stay in
    there home, contributing money. There is no other religion in the world who will do
    that enless they expect to make money. Every religion reguires you to pay them money
    in order for you to stay in there church. The Mormon religion reguires 20% of the
    household income. If your a Catholic and you do not pay the church, they look down
    on you and do not help anymore. The Witness organization is the only religion that
    does not require to pay money, and you get treated the same. The Catholic religions
    new bible lies. They took out Jehovah's name and replaced it with lord. There new
    bible is completly different from the Old King James version. They changed
    everything. I use to be catholic. I learned to speak and read Hebrew just so I can
    compare all the bibles of today to the original hewbrew bible that is in your public
    libary. I choose to be a Jehovah's Witness because there bible was the most accurate to the original manuscript. There where no changes between the two except the New Translation was worded so everyone could understand. Anyways all your filthy talk about Witnesses are completly uncalled for. Your just pissed off because you got disfellowshiped and you don't agree with the whole process of it. How much money are you making now? I'm sure you won't put this letter on your website."
  • franklin J
    franklin J

...my only response to this letter is that it was clearly written by a person who is so dedicated to his religious belief that he has chosen blind ignorance over rational thought.

As I was once a Jehovahs Witness who thought and responded the same way, I recognize this "blind ignorance" immediately.

It is the same mind set we encounter from all of the JWs from our perspective '"outside".

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the letter writer stated: .

But it is the same in EVERY religion,
    whether it is Catholic, Mormon, etc..

as jw's we were taught that our religion stood far above the others . the problems that affected other religions wouldnt TOUCH gods chosen religion. he /she should think about what they are typing and analyze it.

• under74
    under74

"If your a Catholic and you do not pay the church, they look down
    on you and do not help anymore."

This I know for sure isn't true. Where's this letter from?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    The Witness organization is the only religion that
    does not require to pay money, and you get treated the same.

Riiight

• Celia
    Celia

Not a very good speller, is he/she ???

Why don't you say anything good abouyt the religion like how millions are donated each year to the people in need every year like in Africa and several other third world countries, how in natural disasters Witnesses help EVERYONE with cleanup letting starngers stay in there home, contributing money. There is no other religion in the world who will do that enless they expect to make money.

Millions, every year, to people in need.... Can he/she prove that?

The Catholic Church does help people in need all over the world with their charities, schools and hospitals....

• Gill
    Gill

Oh dear Avengers! you sound like my Mum.

Bill Bowen has never accused all witnesses of being paedophiles. He has simply said that the Society's requirement that there be two Witnesses to an accusation of child abuse means that the case never goes any furthur and is not reported to the Police, as it should be. If the accussed says and persists in saying he did nothing or he is repentant he gets away with it. Window cleaners, bank tellers, accountants and cleaners etc are not Judges and should not make those kinds of decisions. Unfortunately, they've been told that they are 'the stars of the congregation'. They think too much of themselves and the consequences if, that those guilty of heinous crimes escape without justice for the victim. He did not say all JWs are paedophiles. Just that the Society's policy allows the criminal to escape.

People also have a tendency not to want to believe that such a terrible thing could happen amongst their friends and they don't want to rock the boat, and even give the JWs a bad name. By covering up they have swept the dirt under the carpet. Bill Bowen has picked the rug up and now we are looking at the mess underneath.

Do not be shocked at what you find. People are capable of anything!

• under74
    under74

Gill, I'm pretty sure this letter didn't come from Avengers.

But I'm waiting on Avengers to say where it's from...

• Gill
    Gill

My complete and utter apologies to you avengers.

However the subject 'irks' me as the excuses for ignoring child abuse in the JW congregation are inexcusable. I know I'm not the only one to feel that way, so won't go on about it. But I've heard witnesses say that people are lying about the Witnesses and chosing to believe that Bill Bowen is saying one thing when in fact he is just trying to say something else. Just gets me MAD!!!!!!

• avengers
    avengers
    Where's this letter from?

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:43:32 -0600 (CST)
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: A proud brother writes

http://www.silentlambs.org/newsletter/NewsLetterItem.cfm?SendoutID=334

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit