wanting to leave jw org

by min79 25 Replies latest jw friends

• min79
    min79

I am a baptised jw and am wanting to disassociate myself. I am looking to find someone who has left this org to give me some idea on the letter to write and how they dealt with their friends who shunned them

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Hi and welcome. I did not write a letter ( I have been dfd for 8 years). But I think that you will find a lot of useful information to help you here. If you look at the top of screen, jump to best of. There are many epople that have been though your circumstances and it may just provide the information you need.

Welcome again, Melba toast

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi min79, I've never had to DA, but there are several here who have and should be more than willing to help you.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for keeping the energy flowing.

• glitter
    glitter

WELCOME!!

I haven't been in your position, but many here have and can help you through this. I think you and all those who have DA'd are really courageous.

Good luck.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Min a lot of people here think its better to simply fade away; but its always a personal choice to write a letter or not write a letter. The Pope

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Min -

Welcome to the Board.

I really didn't plan it out, but I did a slow fade (after I moved out of territory).

I like the way this worked because it allows me the contact with people that I want to keep contact with (couple family members and former roommate and a few friends/workmates).

It takes longer - but maybe not so long if you skip a few weeks due to work then attend a couple in a row and take a vacation then work and then get sick and still tired... blah blah blah

Worked for quite a few of us. Some need that absolute closure, however. I needed to keep the lid cracked a little to allow for contact with people who touched my heart.

-Aude.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

min -

Here's a link from the 'Best of' section:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/78540/1.ashx

I hope it helps you.

Also, some people have posted their letters here BEFORE sending off to the elders/cong. Just a thought.

I wish the you all the best and hope to hear from you again soon - regardless of your DA decisions.

-Aude.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

My DA letter was really simple.. all I said was to please disassociate me from the Watchtower society. You will need to sign it, date it, and get another person to do the same. You can just stick it in the kingdom hall door in an envelope, but make sure to specify what congregation on it.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Hi there Min. My letter is in the link that Aude_Sapere provided. Mine is the "Just finished my DA letter" which is in the middle of the second post.

Pick and choose what you like out of it, feel free to send me a PM and I will be more than happy to share my experiences with you.

Kansas District Overbeer

• phil78
    phil78

My wife and i chose to fade away quietly. Been gone for 9 months or so (I think, i'm not really counting!). You will be supprised how easy it is, and how long it takes for someone to call you. And how easy it is to lob them off with a "I'm just busy",...... or "I'm just really worn out". Give this a go first, and spare the heartache of the hurt others will try to inflict.

Phil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit