SORRY

by Yvonne A 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hi Yvonne,

WELCOME, WELCOME, DEAR ONE !!!

Don't worry about any of us being offended or upset with anything you say here. We hope you feel the same way. It is so good that you have an open mind and we sincerely desire that you let us know how you feel about different topics as you will find that most here will definitely not hold back how they feel.

Who knows, you may help some of us as we walk along the path of life.

Please don't take it personal that some of us have very negative opinions of the WTBTS. Many on this board are atheists, agnostics, active jw, non-active jw, disfellowshipped jw, disassociated (I prefer the term disaffiliated) jw, never been a jw, studying with jw's, believers in Jesus and that He is the way and the truth and the life, believers in the WTBTS and Governing Body of jw's and they are the way and the truth and the life, New Age, Scientologists, buddhists, muslims, and any and all others. Did I leave anyone out of the mix? If so, please accept my apologies and let us know your views on life and it's everchanging light.

Honesty

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

No need to be sorry, Yvonne. You have your own path to walk, and if no questions ever arise, then great! But if they do start (as they did for so many of us) then take a peek back at this forum. I guarantee someone else on this forum has asked the same question - and had it answered.

Let this forum be your "safety net" the place you can go in case you ever feel alone... like so many of us felt at certain points in our dealings with Jehovah's Witnesses. This has been a place of great healing for us.

And certainly, those who wish to defend Jehovah's Witness doctrine are always welcome here, and while the reaction is often vociferous, I am happy to say that it is meant in a spirit of free thought and exchange of viewpoint. This spirit only seems hostile to those who are accustomed to not being questioned.

Good luck, miss, and remember, there is always another way...

CZAR

• wednesday
    wednesday

Yvonne,

As so many have said, It is a discussion board. there are over 6,0000 registered people here and that many viewpoints. JWS are not used to actually discussing things, they prefer to tell u what to believe. But here we discuss, and disagree.We don't usually argue, but u will see some healthy debate.

U are not upsetting anyone to express your viewpoint, people are just disagreeing with u. This board has been a support group for many who left or were forced to leave JWS. Many here sincerely want to help others and if some of us come across opinionated , it is only b/c we really care.

May I suggest the "best of" section. I think u will enjoy it , some of the personal experiences are great.

• gdt
    gdt

Yvonne, you have shown great courage in your comments, as well as modesty. As a long-time Witness, please hang on in, there are things done wrongly by everybody, individually as well as a group, and I have found no body on this forum has bothered to challenge a couple of things said about the need for an organization to fulfil Isa.2, and dozens upon dozens of other Bible statements that show the need for a brotherhood 'not learning war' and a preaching brotherhood.

My advice? Study for the truth, be like the Bereans of olden times, fully grasp what Jehovah God is doing with humans, and do your best to live a dedicated Christian life. Please ask whoever you are studying with any questions put to you by anyone on this board, or pm myself if I may be able to help, I only know a little but know enough to understand the issues here on this board. The type of people here seem very nice overall and seem hurt by actions of other humans and sometimes Society policy has hurt them, which unlike the Scriptures themselves can be changed for better or worse sometimes. Some other ex-jw boards are disgusting,.

My best regards,

Geoff. gdt.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    SORRY

Well ok ! (just kidding but for the kiss)

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Yvonne, I hope you see this because you have nothing to apologize for. IAs many others have said, this is a discussion board, and Ive read your posts, you have done nothing wrong. So dont apolize. We like newbies, and I would like to tell you welcome. Sometimes people don't always agree with what is said, but you are free to have an opinion, and to state it.

nuff said.

Welcome, stay a while. We are a great bunch of people, from many different backgrounds, but there are always stories to share.

• Been there
    Been there

Welcome Yvonne,

I just thought it was a site where witnesses discussed subjects, and did not expect such a negative response to my naivety.

I think this statement of yours may be what everyone is trying to get thru to you. If you go into the JW faith without really researching it from all angles, "Naive" is not an excuse to them (JW's) and you will get very negative responses if you don't do exactly what they say, when they say it. Just know exactly what you are getting into.

Bless you on what ever you choose to do.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

i understand that you are studying with Jehovahs Witnesses and that is a great position to be in...i am not about to discourage you from doing so and neither am I disfellowshipped or disassociated...just inactive also like many others with family still in the organisation.

I wish you well in your studies however i do have some advice for what its worth....an old professor at law told me very early in my career to 'accept nothing until its proven'...you strike me as intelligent and capable of subjecting the information you receive to some level of criticism...do this...constantly question...ponder...check...assess...and not just from one source...this will aid your decision making...enjoy your studies...hope to speak to you when you pop by once in a while...

G

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Happy soul-searching!!!

DY

• Poztate
    Poztate

Statistics for: Jehovahs witness
    Jehovahs witnesses community
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/def...

Forum software: custom
    Number of posts: 1357350
    Number of members: 14066Post per member ratio: 96
    Posts last week: 8439
    Alexa ranking: 168894

There are over 14,000 persons signed up at this board. There are witnesses that are still in,those who left and those who got DF'ed etc.

Some who post never have been witnesses but are affected by issues raised by witnesses. In this large of an online community there is a range of thoughts and opinions.

Even if you choose not to post listen in to what people are saying about the WT and the witnesses.There is a lot of good information here that will help you to make INFORMED DECISIONS about what to do in your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit