SORRY

by Yvonne A 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

It's no big deal. Actually there are several witnesses that post here. Your are than welcome to hang around. Most of us don't bite.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Yvonne A
    Yvonne A

Thankyou. I'll certainly pop back and forth now and again.Yvonne

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yv,

I hope you do pop in now and then.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

No problem at all Yvonne - we're very glad to have you! What a nice person you are! Hope to hear more from you!

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Hi Yvonne! Don't apologize, I doubt that you offended anyone here. Some posts can seem offensive, but these are people who speak their own minds. Many of these people were raised as JW's and many of them still are, some still are not, and some of us never were. We come from varying backgrounds but the JW teachings are why we are here. Some of us have family members who follow those teachings and we are here (like me) to try and understand, from others who have been indoctrinated.

I encourage you to stay around, don't get your feelings hurt. There can be lots to learn here.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I hate to say it again after so many already have, but when I saw your topic my first thought was, "You don't have anything to apologize for."

So don't sweat it. There are VERY opposing viewpoints here among posters. I personally can't believe that there's a loving God looking down at us. Others here can't possibly believe that there isn't. Opposing viewpoints are a *good* thing. You never grow around people that always say, "Yep, I agree with you." I'm glad you'll continue to hang around.

You always have been and always will be welcome here.

Dave

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Yvonne:

You don't have to say sorry for anything. It's not really you. We understand where you're coming from, and it's where we all have been, and hope never to be again. Please give us a chance, stay with us, and let us show you, patiently and gently, what we know about where you are going! If you don't like what you hear, you can always leave, but we hope you won't!

Thanks for coming here, because it shows that you are smart enough to check out all the different sides to an opinion.

Country Girl

• steve2
    steve2

Hey Yvonne,

I admire your respectfulness and honesty. Take care whether you come back here or not! I appreciate your feedback: The forum is not just about agreeing with others!

regards,

steve2

• glitter
    glitter

Yvonne sweetie - you don't have *anything* to apologise for! When you saw it said "Everyone welcome!" that's because it's TRUE - everyone is! You don't have to be an exJW, or current JW, or even a Christian to post here. You can lurk, you can post a little, or you can post a lot. Everyone *is* welcome!

I'm sorry you thought the responses were negative - but I'm glad you read them. Adding up the years there are centuries of people's experiences here, and unfortunately many people's experiences in the JWs *were* negative. And those negative experiences all seem to have the same themes...

Do continue to pop back. Ask us things. Many of us have been where you are now.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

It was nice to 'meet' you even though brief.

My first post to you:

All people are welcome here. Witnesses, non-witnesses, ex-witnesses and just casually interested persons.

Most of the posters seem to be ex-witnesses.

Feel free to say what ever is on your mind. I am sure you will get many responses from people of all sorts of JW background.

Again, welcome to the Board.

-Aude Sapere (Latin for: Dare to Know; Dare to have knowledge/wisdom)

Please stop in anytime. Although most of us have chosen a different path, a great many of us have significant history and knowledge of the Bible and of Jehovah's Witnesses doctrines.

Several regular posters here are still active witnesses.

This can remain a valuable resource for you and I hope that you feel that you and your decision(s) are respected.

I truly hope you find the peace and comfort that you are so obviously seeking in earnest.

-Aude. (Not DF'd for DA'd just faded with some family still in the 'truth')

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit