Awake! now monthly!!! - KM Mar/05 in Portuguese with translation

by observador 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Make you you read the KM while spinning in place until dizzy. It will make more sense...especially when you hit the floor.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Nosso Ministério do Reino brings back memories: I ended my JW course in a Portuguese congregation...

Awake! is a lot of work, especially for translators: they have to research the adapted vocabulary and expressions on a lot of subjects, which was not so easy to do before the Internet (I remember I had a hard time finding the official translation of AIDS in the early 80's when it had not hit the French media yet).

Hmm... this makes me think, why didn't they say, "now everyone can get this kind of general information on the Internet"?

• Satanus
    Satanus
    It will encourage readers in a more direct way to cling to the Bible for a solution to the problems, and will stress more clearly the biblical explanation of current events.

Kind of like a bible based national enquirer The latest bible fluff for bible fluffers. Bible lite. Haaahaaahaaaa.

S

• observador
    observador

"Awake! is a lot of work, especially for translators"

I agree with you, Narkissos. But I thought that the translation was done in the branch serving the area of the target language... is it not?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    But I thought that the translation was done in the branch serving the area of the target language... is it not?

Yes it is. At least the main area in terms of figures (e.g. Brazil for Portuguese, at least 20 years ago; the result sounding quite funny to the European Portuguese).

But I think the WT is clearly set on reducing its costs (and real estate) worldwide

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    Watchtower contains deep biblical information

LOL - I must have missed that..........

• observador
    observador

I spoke today with some of my friends and they hadn't seen the scan.

Observador.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

You can still get a college degree by reading the Awake!, it'll just take you twice as long to graduate.

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit