Quotes is still posting zany article from the past

by VM44 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• z
    z

this is it I'm going to join J W roflmfao i'm going to be now

• Valis
    Valis
    *** "The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah" -- How? (book, 1971) chap. 20 pp. 376-377 Land of Magog No More to Threaten Mankind *** Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way.

*** Watchtower 1960 April 1 p.219 Part 35: "Your Will Be Done on Earth" **

In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets.

some more gems..

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/antimatter.htm

• M.J.
    M.J.
    I mean, the guy is literally pulling this stuff out of thin air!

Just goes to show how they came up with their zany "bible" teachings too.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

OMG!!

This stuff is insane! If you haven't read the article yet, you have to check it out. These guys wrote the book on non-sequiters!

Okay, check out the very first paragraph:

"Attraction of Gravitation Not Universal" (Golden Age, No. 314) seems to be well and truthfully thought out. Therefore, Newton's "universal law of gravitation", that "every particle of matter in the universe attracts every other particle with a force proportional to the product of their masses and inversely as the squares of their distance apart", is not true.

Did you catch the logic? An article in a previous Golden Age seems to be well and truthfully thought out. Therefore, Newton was wrong! LOLOLOLOL! Too bad Newton didn't have the Golden Age to set 'im straight!

Whether the earth is a direct creation of Jehovah or whether the planets were thrown off from the sun and shot out into space to find their "balance" at the command of God is immaterial, yet for us to incline toward the former view is reasonable.

Well, yeah, given those two choices, you bet the former is more reasonable!

If light had sufficient propulsive power we should find our moon rotating on its axis. But such is not the case. The moon revolves once each lunar month; that is, it shows all sides to the sun each swing around the earth; but it does not rotate on its axis, for its face (the pointed end) is always toward the earth, and this shows that the affinity these two dead bodies have for each other is very much greater in their electro-magnetic force than any light influence can possibly have, as shown by the upper strata of air following the course of the moon-eastward, and north and south of the equator; and, in a general sense, this is true of all earth's volume of air.

Everybody got that? There will be a test on this material!

These guys ain't too good at visualizing. They say the moon goes round the earth once per month, which is correct, and that the moon always shows the same face to earth, which is correct. Anyone with half a brain can use these two pieces of data to determine that the moon does in fact rotate on its axis exactly one time per revolution. Geez, don't they even think about what they're writing? Christ!

Near the end of this article, we find this bit of self-praise:

As the relationship of the sun and earth is explained in this more satisfactory light, so the philosophy of the movements of other planets, which are similar, becomes more comprehensive.

I'll say! I wonder if the guys at NASA got ahold of this info. I mean, using their simple (and, if I may be so blunt, very un-comprehensive) Newtonian and Einsteinian physics, I don't think they'd really make it to the moon.

Wow, what a riot. I think this article proves it conclusively: Even back in the 1930s, nobody with education could ever have become a Witness.

SNG

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    pulling this stuff out of thin air!

Naw, blowing it outta their arses is more like it!

I'm just surprised they didn't try for the earth being flat.

• Swan
    Swan

That explains what happened to me on my walk the other day. My husband always says I am attractive.

It was a sunny day and as I was walking toward the sun, I was impinged by the sun force, and these light rays actually started rotating my body due to the friction I had built up and the agitated electrons in my attractive state.

So simple.

Tammy

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    monthlly -mind you they do resaerch the articles a litttle better these days and they are not

What hapened Stillajwexelder , al thoose awakes yu reed didin't giv you the callage edukation? and din't learn you to spell eider? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit