Hello, I need a few JW views on a couple of bible verses. Thanks!

by Chance 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chance
    Chance

My apologizes if I was a little too out-spoken. I meant well.

No, don?t ever let anyone do your thinking for you. I enjoy listening to different preachers and their ideas but I never take a new idea for truth without carefully understanding it and praying to God about it privately first. But often God will speak a word to you thru someone else.

You sound quite angry about your departure from the Watchtower. I?m sorry?.
    I know it?s difficult to trust again after being let down. I also know that leaving the Watch tower may have been the best thing God could have done for you. Like I said before, I grew up in a JW household, and I didn?t have a close relationship with God until I searched for him. God has always known where I was, but I had to seek him. And I love God now. Not because someone told me I should but because he loves me too. Try not to be angry with the JW themselves, forgive them, for they no not what they do. The JW simply try to obey what they?ve been told to do for God and to serve him the best they know how. But I?m sure you know that. It?s the organization?s foundation that?s the problem not the members.

It?s obvious to me that the Watchtower?s hold on JW is exactly what it teaches them to watch out for, and they never realize it. Kind of the blind leading the blind. I hope no one here takes offense from these statements, but from my life long experience with this subject its reality.

Quote: ?Not really! It depends on who's preaching and what. But, I don't like being told I'm wrong. What normal person would??

Of course people don?t like to be told they?re wrong or feel conviction from preaching but it is a good thing. It?s kind of like discipline from a loving parent. A child doesn?t want to get in trouble with his parents but if it teaches that child right from wrong then it is well needed. As a Christian I willingly welcome Gods instructions and I try to learn from my mistakes and not do them again. Now I don?t knowingly commit any more sins so I don?t feel that conviction when I listen to good preaching. Well? at least not lately.  Instead I usually receive a comforting message. But if/when I do sin and feel conviction for it from listening to a preacher I repent, and reconcile with God. As long as my repentance is sincere then God forgives me.

When Jesus died, he died for us. He paid the ultimate price to forgive us for our sins (not for his own gain and favor from God). It?s by his glory that we may be forgiven and our sins washed away to become worthy of Gods grace. We cannot be worthy by our own works or understanding. Only by accepting Jesus? gift can our lives be healed. He gave his life to restore ours. People who do not accept this live depressing and tiresome lives.
    Life without God can sometimes feel like you?re running on one of those hamster wheels as fast as you can but you go nowhere until you ask God to set you free.

I?m curious to hear why you left the watchtower if you wouldn?t mind. So much of my family is so scared to question the watchtowers authority. Any insight that would be of help to us would be appreciated.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Chance, welcome to the forum.

Im a little confused by your statements about Christs' atonement.

It?s by his glory that we may be forgiven and our sins washed away to become worthy of Gods grace.
    How does one become worthy? (scripturally speaking)
    We cannot be worthy by our own works or understanding. Only by accepting Jesus? gift can our lives be healed.
    Then you state our inability of obtaining worthiness
    Only by accepting Jesus? gift can our lives be healed.
    Another words, the atonement would make us savable?
  • mkr32208
    mkr32208
    he said that love would identify his true disciples and nod perfect doctrine.

Well I guess that explains the shunning the cold shoulders to people who don't follow their man made rules the casting out of anyone who dares question those same manmade rules the harboring of pedophiles... yeah sounds just like what jesus would have done

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Chance

Wow, that's the problem with writing you can't see reactions to comments. I was hoping to offer some advice in dealing with your family. Instead of preaching, trying to ask good questions.

You sound quite angry about your departure from the Watchtower. I?m sorry?.

No, I'm sorry! I don't know what I said to lead you to believe that, but I've never been a JW. I do have friends in the org. and many friends that have left.

I know it?s difficult to trust again after being let down.

I could go on for a long time with this, I've been let down a few times by well meaning pastor/preachers, and as a result, I've learned to feed myself from God's Word. Thats not to say that I don't trust pastors, because I do. I really respect the pastor at the church I attend, and I consider him a blessing from God. I've just learned to test everything anyone says, even pastors, with Gods word.

As for me and preaching, I love to hear the Gospel preached, Its just that I seem to hear more and more condemnation comming from "Christians" now days, than the Gospel.

It?s obvious to me that the Watchtower?s hold on JW is exactly what it teaches them to watch out for, and they never realize it. Kind of the blind leading the blind. I hope no one here takes offense from these statements, but from my life long experience with this subject its reality.

I'm not sure what your trying to say here, you haven't offended me. But, it may appear to some that you are looking for that silver bullet, that proves the Watchtower wrong. I've learned over the years that that is the Holy Spirit's job.

As for being told I'm wrong. I know I'm a sinner because God's word says so, but humanly speaking nobody wants to be told they are wrong. That's why I like to ask good questions. I don't have to be the bad guy

I?m curious to hear why you left the watchtower if you wouldn?t mind. So much of my family is so scared to question the watchtowers authority. Any insight that would be of help to us would be appreciated.

As I've said before I've never been a JW, I was raised Catholic early on, so I have a burden for anyone who is trying to work for salvation. The only insight I can offer is, I try to remember, not to do the Holy Spirits job. I can't change anyone (including myself).

D Dog

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A Trinity thread (again) but disguised - read "When Jesus Became God"

• Chance
    Chance

ellderwho
    Quote: ?Another words, the atonement would make us savable??

Jesus paid the price for our salvation. Yes.

Allow me to try to rephrase that:
    Quote: ?Only by accepting Jesus? gift can our lives be healed.?

I mean that Jesus already paid the price for our sins and our salvation. We only have to accept it. This accepting what Jesus has done for us AND beginning to live our life for God brings healing to our lives. We have the choice to accept him and live our lives with him or deny him and live our lives for ourselves. And of course he would rather us love him back but only by our free will.

I?m sorry. I completely miss understood you.

Quote: ?Why would you think that someone who has left a mind control cult like the JWs, would want someone else to do there thinking for them? What makes you think that a person who just left the Watchtower is, or wants to be a Christian??

It sounded like you had a personal interest in this subject and responded defensively so I thought you were speaking about yourself. My bad.

Go on with your bad?err, good self!

P.S.
    How do you guys/gals do all the fancy Quotes with the high-lighting? I've been simply typing "QUOTE:"

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Chance,

After you hit reply, and you want to quote someone, cut and paste into this area and highlight, move cursor next to the smiley face and click the white quotations button.

ellderwho
    Quote: ?Another words, the atonement would make us savable??

Jesus paid the price for our salvation. Yes.

Are you saying yes that the atonement makes us savable?

We have the choice to accept him and live our lives with him or deny him and live our lives for ourselves. And of course he would rather us love him back but only by our free will.
    So once we accept the gift we then decide to act on this?
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Chance

D Dog,
    I?m sorry. I completely miss understood you.

That's OK! I got a good chuckle. This also illustrates my point. By our preaching (too or at) without the Holy Spirit, our perspective may be wrong.

Keep up the good work!

D Dog

• pericusmeus
    pericusmeus

Dear Chance:

I like you very much, I think you are a true christian, and your thinking is clear and your understanding accurate. Specially when you admit you might be wrong. Believe me, I am a JW. A true JW.

It is amazing what I have read in the watchtower magazine the last years. They state that Jesus is the only apointed to judge, that we should not judge anyone.

I think slowly slowly the organization is correcting the biggest mistalke, to believe that we are "the only one". That was a bad idea that I think Bro Rutherford came up with.

But, you know whar, Gamaliel said that if a work is a work of God, no men can distroy it. And JW are blessed people, as many other christian organizations are.

God knows his ways. The greatest acomplishment is to let people know at great scale what the name of God is Jehovah. That is a work of God.

Jesus said that his servant would be asigned a different amount of talents and that theyy were going to be judged by their results. Only the one that did nothing was hold accountable.

In luke 12 we read that there were going to be slaves of god that would treat Gods people good. not so good, bad and very bad. And they were going to be punished with lashes depending if they did it knowinlgly or not.

May be some of the brothers of the Governing Body will get some lashes and some teleevangelist more or less the same.

Keep reading and researchin and not hating anyone, pray for me as I will pray for you.

When I have time I will give you some verses to think about.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Hello, I am not a JW but I believe that is speaking of Jesus as is Rev.3:14. JWs also believe this because i was once 1 of them.They have SOME truth but mostly they teach lies. Such as the end of the world would come in 1914,1918,1925, 1975 and then they lie and say they never gave any certain day as to when the end would come.They even prophesy in God's name and lie and say they never but look in any inside cover of the awake mag.from march 1988 -Oct.1995. It says "this mag. builds confidence in the "CREATOR'S PROMISE" of a peaceful and secure new world"BEFORE" the generation that SAW the events of "1914" passes away.If God had promised that it would have came true. Don't you think so?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit