Hello, I need a few JW views on a couple of bible verses. Thanks!

by Chance 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Chance, JW's aren't really supposed to congregate on the internet. They have had several warnings about the internet, "beware the voice of strangers". Comments amongst themselves are always in carefully controlled book studies, where the conductor can keep an eye on what everyone is saying. Comments with outsiders are always in carefully controlled book studies. The official website does not even have an e-mail address. Those with questions must fill in a form with their name and address and they will receive a house call.

So, just by attrition, open boards like this tend to contain mostly ex Jehovah's witnesses, exiting JW's, or people like me, married to a Witness.

• Chance
    Chance

Yea jgnat, I've already searched the web for official WTS JW forums and was starting to come to that conclusion. Typical. When I stumbled upon this website I thought it was a website by JW. Oh well. Guess I'll have to go door-to-door and find'em. lol

Actually most of my family is JW from my mothers and my father?s side. However, except for my grandparents the rest of my family is not really practicing. They just do the bare minimum to obey my grandparents and the elders. When I discuss matters with them they don't really have knowledge of the scriptures. They only know what was taught to them in bible studies as children. And they don't like to even discuss religion or God. It makes them uneasy. Especially if I talk about it because my grandparents have taught them not to listen to or read anything I present to them unless its from the watchtower.

Often it?s harder to preach to your own family than it is to a perfect stranger.

:(

I remember secretly celebrating Christmas and other holidays as a child. They don't mind celebrating as long as no one lectures them about it. Its sad... they would serve they're parents, church (KH) and elders before actually seeking Gods will.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Hey Chance and pericusmeus, you both put up persuasive arguments. I mostly agree with pericusmeus, which makes sense, as I too am a JW. However, I think I have an open mind and I have heard much argument both for Jesus being GOD and for him being what he said he was God’s son. Maybe pericusmeus is right in that being right or wrong doctrinally (including this doctrine) is not as important as one might think. Love really is the identifying mark of true Christians.

Pericusmeus said that the universe has no limits, no center, so how can God be contained? This is a way of thinking I do find fault with (sorry pericusmeus). God existed before the universe existed and it was he who created the universe. This must mean he exists outside of the universe, perhaps in a place called Heaven. It also would mean that whatever size the universe is, it is irrelevant as to whether or not God can be contained (which he can’t be, of course).

FairMind

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Chance

Often it?s harder to preach to your own family than it is to a perfect stranger.

Maybe it would go better if you didn't preach, and asked better questions.

D Dog

• Chance
    Chance

Hello FairMind,

Like I mentioned before, I also agree with pericusmeus about being right or wrong doctrinally. Don't get me wrong, I love my church... but the building I worship in or the name on that building is irrelevant, as long as I am faithfully serving God and have him in my heart.

Since we?re on the subject of God and the universe, I would like to share my view on that also.

When we speak about God, in reverence to the universe, space, and time it can be extremely mind boggling. The hardest part to imagine is that God exists outside the realm of time. When people think of eternal they think from the beginning of time to the end of time. But that?s not exactly accurate. In the beginning there was God. God must have invented time if he existed before time. Can you imagine existence without time? It?s hard to imagine. But that?s truly what eternal means. It?s equally as hard to imagine existence before God created the universe. A blank canvas!

Personally I think the whole spiritual realm exists outside of time & the physical universe. We cannot see the things of the spirit but the spiritual realm obviously can interact with us. But if it were true that the whole spiritual realm exists outside of time then that would imply that our spirit is eternal. That may or may not be the case, but its something to think about. I think the bible refers to ?the lake of fire? as an eternal place of suffering doesn?t it? And doesn?t it refer to a paradise or heaven that we will live in with god for ever? That is, if our names are written in the book of life that is.

• Chance
    Chance

Deputy Dog... thats a low blow. :) "Better questions"

lol

These aren't the questions I ask my family. I know not to push an issue and to live by example. If this was all I ever spoke to people about they would probably avoid me. Which is not the case. Thats why I'm posting THESE questions here. To pester you. :)

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Chance

Its not these questions, but the preaching. How do you like being preached at?

D Dog

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Chance I'm talking about questions like: How do you know God is all loving? Or How would it be fair if God were to give Hitler the same punishment as a person that just doesn't want to be a JW? D Dog

• Chance
    Chance

Quote: "How do you like being preached at?"

I love to be preached too (or at). Don't you?!

I wouldn't be the person I am today if I hadn't finally heard a good & caring preacher tell me that God loves me and presented me with an opportunity to start living my life for God instead of simply living a lost life with only my own understanding and knowledge to try to save myself with. Everyone who is lost (worldly) thinks they know what they're doing, but once they get saved, give they're life to God, ask him for forgiveness for their sins and ask him to live in their heart forever they will never look back. And they love to hear Gods word and be preached to. I'm not perfect, and I welcome God's correction when I make a mistake.

If you don't like to be preached to then I have to ask... are you saved? Or do you have all the answers?

:)

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Chance

I love to be preached too (or at). Don't you?!

Not really! It depends on who's preaching and what. But, I don't like being told I'm wrong. What normal person would?

If you don't like to be preached to then I have to ask... are you saved?

Is enjoying being "preached too", the sign of being a Christian? Why would you think that someone who has left a mind control cult like the JWs, would want someone else to do there thinking for them? What makes you think that a person who just left the Watchtower is, or wants to be a Christian?

Or do you have all the answers?

May one ask that of the preacher?

D Dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit