Strange day

by czarofmischief 29 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    July 26 is the due date. Not sure if I can be expecting a prince or princess, but either way, firstborn gets the throne when I'm done with it.

Correction I guess I should have asked if you were having a czar or a czarina. Either way they will get more than the throne, you have no idea how much your life is going to change when the little czarette or czar arrives. Although I do think you had a bit of a strange experience preparing you for the little one. It's all good.......and as parents we only remember the good stuff anyway once the little bugger has flown the coup. Yes life will be good in the kingdom........enjoy!

Seems that Valerian root gets the JWD endorsement. It looks like the active ingredient in the stuff from GNC, too.

I figured it was one of the ingredients in the other product, buy why pay for the other stuff when Valerian root is all you need. I wouldn't recommend it for mama right now at all, gotta be careful during gestation with even the natural herbs.

Foot odor? Can I just smell my own feet instead of dropping four bucks on this stuff?

Ewelllll..........~~~shudders at the thought~~~

Thanks everybody for taking me seriously.

Well of course, you deserve it! I think those of us who have been there done that can sympathize with you on all the changes you are in for. Just relax, and your job now is to make mama comfy and ignore her emotions which will be up and down and all over the place........just be understanding it passes in about 18 years!

Remember if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy............

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I figured it was one of the ingredients in the other product, buy why pay for the other stuff when Valerian root is all you need. I wouldn't recommend it for mama right now at all, gotta be careful during gestation with even the natural herbs.

Sometimes valerian root doesn't work as well by itself. It depends on you and what you need at the time. Sometimes it's enough alone. You can try it and if it does work that's wonderful. If not then you can try it in combination with other herbs. The kind from GNC above is good because it is enclosed in softcap form. This means you don't get the bad odor from it.You can't smell it in the sleep formula either. If you buy the dried form in gelatin capsules, it smells like stinky feet or like your neighbor has just had a truckload of manure dumped on his lawn.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You havent' been "meditating" on brownboys post have you? They always make me feel a bit "sureal"

It sounds like stress to me too!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sounds crazy to me. I assume you have doctors for this sort of thing, I'd use them. Even if it is stress induced, the behavior goes way beyond stress, I think you and the Czarina would agree, no? Can you imagine if she'd done this to you?

The dogs barking drive you crazy, you go outside and feel like your floating, and then you walk around in freezing temps, feeling confused for eight miles and then, while exhausted, feel paranoid? You said neither goodbye nor hello to your wife? This is not just not getting enough sleep that you're dealing with, and I know that you know that.

• Carmel
    Carmel

You must be on your "vision quest" czar! The revelation writing is soon to come!

carmel

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

you suffered an anxiety attack, then walked it off. when you experience profound anxiety, you enter into a "fight or flight" response. you chose to flee the area that was making you uncomfortable. it's common to feel like you're floating, or to feel confused. it will probably occur again, but as long as you recognize it for what it is, you can deal with it.

Is this because I am going to be a father for the first time?
    yes.

Is this because I am looking for a real job for the first time in my life?
    yes.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH ME? Am I crazy (again)?
    no, you're not crazy.

i hope you feel better.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Six is right, Czar, you have bipolar illness. Stress can bring on worse symptoms. It would be wise to ask your doctor about this.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

um, Czar...if you're really concerned, consult a licensed medical professional - they can best identify what's wrong with you, and prescribe the appropriate treatment. good luck!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yeah czar, I think the last 4 or 5 posts preceding this one are correct.

The only other thing I can think of is any of several things that would cause oxygen deprivation.

Carbon monoxide- heart/lung problems.

Some alergies.

Me thinks you need to see a doctor and deal with this.

Outoftheorg

• bebu
    bebu

Czar, sorry to hear about that strange episode. Whatever experiences I've had in the past that would come close to that were certainly caused by unusual stress. I think you must have had a lot of stress translating into energy there to go eight miles!

You have a lot of things in limbo right now, things you are waiting for which you are emotionally deeply invested in. Waiting is very hard to endure, and especially for people who care about things deeply.

I have looked back on all the harrowing times over my life and discovered they make great stories/examples for my kids, if nothing else! The times there were near-misses, but perseverence and faith pulled us thru; the times things didn't happen the way we hoped--but some very good thing came out of it we didn't expect at all; the times I was kept from despairing by the amazing love of friends or family. I've learned something thru all of it, something that has helped me grow. I think character development happens at such times as these--for better or for worse. So shoot for better.

Why don't you plan out what you will do, if it hits you again? Decide now if you will say anything (and what it will be) to your wife if you decide to go, where you will choose to walk, how far, what you will say/do upon return, etc. That way, you can avoid some of that helpless feeling, of being at the mercy of your legs, because you have already made your choices beforehand. If walking works out your stress in a positive way, then just control what you can. (Like the rest of life.)

If the czarina is confused or upset by this (understandable), I hope you can let her know what 'happened', even if you don't know exactly why. She'll surely feel better if she knows you are making practical plans to get the upper hand. She is, I think, an understanding gal.

BTW, I use melatonin whenever I drink too much and can't get to sleep . Some people seem to get weird dreams from it, I've heard.

Quick pm to you, too.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit