Strange day

by czarofmischief 29 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

It has been a wierd day. I only slept about four hours last night - just wide awake. This morning, the czarina and I went to dog training school. I was just sitting there, reading the paper, waiting for class to start, when suddenly the barking dogs drove me nearly insane. I jumped up and walked away.

Now comes the weird part. I felt like I was floating. It is FREEZING in Pittsburgh right now, but I wasn't cold at all. Not even a little bit. I walked from the North Side of Pittsburgh to the South Side, then to Oakland, then home. Wow. It's about eight miles, the route I took. My body is aching and sore, I am exhausted, but I still cannot sleep. I feel unreal. Thirsty beyond belief.

Am I sick? What is going on? I was so confused for the whole walk; I can remember it, but it seems almost as if it didn't happen. I saw so many things, walked where people don't walk, along highways and over bridges. We have three rivers in Pittsburgh, I crossed two of them once and one of them twice in my meanderings.

the czarina hasn't spoken to me since I got back, nearly six hours after we parted. I guess I should have said goodbye, or something. Or hello when I got back. I'm not sure what to say, if anything. She went to work tonight.

Is this because I am going to be a father for the first time? Is this because I am looking for a real job for the first time in my life? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH ME? Am I crazy (again)?

I saw dubs walking up and down the street, holding their Awakes and counting their time. My energy picked up noticeably after I saw them, like my agitation was fed by their complacent auras. And I'm particularly paranoid about things - and the cats and the dog are also edgy. I keep feeling like something is going on and I'm just missing it; but I can almost see it in the corner of my eyes.

CZAR

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Czar, lack of sleep can make everything seem surreal. You sound like you have a lot of anxiety. You suddenly have a lot of responsibility on your shoulders that you didn't have before. Sounds like you need to not worry about your inability to sleep. Just pop in a movie that calms you or cheers up and forget everything. You need to escape and forget so that your body can relax some. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water, etc. Take a comfortable bath. Drink some herbal tea. Get your mind off your problems.

As for Czarina, she will respond to you if she sees you need her help. Be sure to tell her what you went through today and that you need her help figuring it out. Do things to appeal to the nurturing side of her. Sounds like you both need that. Light some candles. Burn some incense. Cuddle. Play some beautiful music that's relaxing and just relax and cuddle.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You want to know something else, that scripture that says: "Oppression is making the wise one act crazy." is no joke. And anxiety from overwhelming circumstances can certainly be oppressive. That can make anyone feel crazy. I've experienced this myself.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Thanks. I still feel very very strange, but I will try what you suggested. I fear the Czarina's asthma prevents incense, but maybe some snuggle time is due... founding a dynasty is hard work!

CZAR

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I fear the Czarina's asthma prevents incense,

Anything that smells good for aroma therapy. Can you do scented candles? Or essentil oils like lavendar? But of course none of those are necessary. If this continues to be a problem, GNC has a great herbal combination for sleep called Sleep Formula. I know some other things as well. A good massage will help you more than you ever can dream.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    A good massage will help you more than you ever can dream.

Well, y'know, if you're volunteering, the czarina won't be home for a while...

"Oppression is making the wise one act crazy."

I often think about that when I see people acting oddly. This world has a lot of pressures that maybe we weren't meant to struggle with, at least not for as long as we do.

Sleep Formula? What's in it? I usually take a Tylenol PM, but it leaves me kind of messed up and cranky the next day.

CZAR

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Calcium, Magnesium, Valerian Extract, Chamomile, Blueberry fruit extract, Hops Flowers extract, Passion flower.

All natural minerals and herbs.

About the massage, a bath might work a bit in that direction. Awww, I'd give you a massage, but I live all the way over here and I'm not sure Andy would understand even a platonic massage for another man.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hi, Czar.

Don't know if this will help or not, but, when my hubby and I were expecting our child, he went through some very intense anxiety attacks that sound a lot like what you describe. It was worsened by the fact that we had no idea how we were going to provide for our little miracle as we were both between jobs. He would often wake up after sleeping less than an hour and toss and turn for hours, then he'd leave the house and walk for miles. He'd come back to the house feeling like an icecube and wired for sound.

The symptoms lessened over time but they scared me at the time. He said he had days that it seemed he was having an out of body experience.

Take heart, hopefully that is what is happening to you and it will pass given a little time.

Jean

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Next time I'm out, I'll check it out. I'm getting pretty tired of watching late night television. But I'm glad you don't think I'm going crazy. It was very weird today.

CZAR

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Here's a link for Sleep Formula. It relaxes you so you can sleep but it doesn't make you feel weird like T. PM. T. PM makes you sleepy because it has antihistimines in it. They can make you very anxious because they affect your central nervous system. Okay, I see that you can't see Sleep Formula here. But you can put in the search at GNC.com It only costs about $10 and it's been on sale lately for less. You have GNCs near you I'm sure. I know of other herbal combos that will help. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you the links to the websites.

This is what it looks like:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit