An age old mystery has been solved,

by embeth2525 21 Replies latest jw friends

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

. That wasn't the only "weird" thing my Father did. He did a lot of very strange things. I am still messed up and will probably always be messed up. My Mother died when I was 14. And after that the wierdness began. I never knew if he was going to be "good" Dad or "bad" Dad. I know the religion was in part to blame, he would rant and rave at me how much God hated me etc etc... and fight with his brothers over the "truth". I never understood any of it until I found this wonderful board. Thanks, you guys who answered me. Hugs Beth

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hi, Beth.

That was really uncalled for and cruel. I don't have any respect for that religion or the crazy way it makes people act toward their own families.

Glad you made it through all that! (((good vibes for Beth)))

Jean

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I think it has more to do with her death than the JWness. I stil feel sorry you had to do that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Beth, I sent you a PM with some thoughts on his motives.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Your a victim, no "ifs, ands or buts" about it.

A victim of a victim of a victim..... He obviously had "issues" (not making excuses), and didn't know how to deal with it.

Cause that's just plain WIERD.

Sorry,

u/d

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Sounds like he must have had some form of mental illness that was magnified by the passing of your mother. Then with the wacky teachings of JW's and the pressure that puts a person under, it was a double whammy to his sanity.

It is a terrible thing to be physicly isolated like that for so many years and your self worth attacked everyday for so long.

Glenn

• Bryan
    Bryan

It amazes me how parents can be so callous and have no clue or no care as to what they do to their children.

I'm glad you found us. And I hope you're well.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• one
    one

solved?

Have in mind, withou tgetting into details, that not everthing negatrive jw do can be blamed on the WT religion...

• dh
    dh

that is insane

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

It amazes me how parents can be so callous and have no clue or no care as to what they do to their children.

I'm glad you found us. And I hope you're well.

Ditto ...

(((EmBeth)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit