An age old mystery has been solved,

by embeth2525 21 Replies latest jw friends

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

When I was a teenager, my Father built a wall in the hallway of our house so that he would not have to have anything to to with me. I had to do dishes in the bathroom sink and cook on a hotplate. I never knew why he did this. He had recently gone back to the Kingdom Hall, but I had not put two and two together until now. He never explained himself, never told me why he did it, exept that he couldn't stand my "lifestyle" and that he wanted no part of me. I didn't understand it, my lifestyle consisted of going to school, coming home, and doing my homework. I wasn't allowed to go out, or have friends over. He never discussed this with me even years later, and took it with him to his grave. And I never understood it until now. Could it be that he was "shunning" me? talk about taking it to extreme measures. And I never even knew what was going on. Stupid religion. Thanks for letting me vent.

Beth

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

That is excessive. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Kwin

• Aikon
    Aikon

WHAT???????????? How cruel is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where was your Mom???

Aikon

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A wise MARTA busdriver once told me that we all have skeletons in our closets. Maybe he had his.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

MARTA ? Metro Atlanta Rapid Transport Association - or similar? I think I hav eridden on that - in fact I have

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Embeth: How shocking here are some hugs and kisses coming your way. I hope you feel the vibes. How terribly atrocious your father was. He had to be distrubed, thats at least how I see it. I know my father hated me too but he didn't build a literal wall to seperate us like that. He built walls of pain though. I am so very very sorry that he did that to you. My heart literally aches for you. You sound like a lovely person and certainly no one on this planet needs treatment like that.

It was diffently a form of pshycological abuse. Did you or have you ever recieved therapy for help and coming to grips with your fathers bizzaire behaviour. Mental and emtionally this must have affected most of your early life and maybe you still feel the reprecusions of it today. You never knew why? Where was your mother when this was done to you? Or did you feel maybe helpless and fearful to seek help? I can't believe how he did that to you, but then on the other hand I do understand.

I am so glad you came here and hope that you feel comfort from many who have been through tramatizing things like you.

Blessing to you

Love Orangefatcat

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    MARTA ? Metro Atlanta Rapid Transport Association - or similar? I think I hav eridden on that - in fact I have

Yes, and that's when it still cost 15 cents to ride in 1976. I won't tell you what some of the locals used to joke that MARTA stood for. Some of you folks who've lived in Atlanta will probably know.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    I won't tell you what some of the locals used to joke that MARTA stood for.

Oh!! Please tell me...!

Even if you must pm me. I gotta know now!! hehe

-Aude.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

This could be shunning but shunning you for what? And BTW this sort of thing is kinda natural women do it in post pardom depression. Male loins chase away their male cubs. I know men that were threatend at gun point to leave home and and told theyd be shot if they caught them begging for food from their mothers. I know this is extreme but it may not be soley a jw root. Also maybe your father like so may fathers was trying to toughin you up for the "real world" there is a certain bred of man that beliefs this kid of thing prepares you for life. But this is bizzar. And BTW my dad kept trying to do the divide the house thing with me but my mom would not let him. I look back on it and kida wish he did because he has no respect for privacy.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Aude, check your PMs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit