Comments You Will Not Hear at the 1-30-05 WT Study (Abbreviated)

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

I took a "vacation" this week, and I am glad for it too. But I just had to pop in and say, good job, Blondie, good job, everyone!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Another thought popped into my head this afternoon in regard to searching the origins of the WT religion. It isn't hard to find a lot of the info, as most of it is it is in the WT publications.

OK, then so why were we not supposed to have any contact with any sort of other religion or be involved with any sort of holiday? The WT answer was because all other religions are false of course, but as far as holidays we were to avoid them because they all stemmed from false religion or worship--their origins being steeped in falsehood--correct?

But what about the WTs origins? The WT is steeped in falsehoods and the origins of its teachings are very much pagan and downright strange (Charles Russell and the measuring of the pyramids and such).

So how would a strong JW answer this question. If the WTs origins are pagan and its teachings stem from falsehoods are they not the same as any of the other religions?

any takers on this one?

cybs

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hi Blondie,

Actually I told the two Pharisees that I was severing all ties with the WTBTS because it was not the Faithful Discreet Slave but a demon inspired organisation and I was going to search for Jesus cause they sure didn't know Him and He doesn't know them, either.

I love all the fine spiritual comments about the WT Study made by the real friends regarding this famine meat in due season supplied by the CHANNEL. I told a local elder (he's the only one with enough b----s left who will still talk with me) about the new arrangement for the Awake mags. He said that how could they take food away from Jehovah's table. I left him with this 'thought', Just think it as not being Jehovah's table and you'll be OK with anything they do from here on out.

• blondie
    blondie
    So how would a strong JW answer this question. If the WTs origins are pagan and its teachings stem from falsehoods are they not the same as any of the other religions?

cyber, this is a "1919" answer. The WTS teaches that they too had flaws and were not "pure" and that is why God allowed the directors to be put in prison in 1918. But the fact that they were released in 1919 and the "work" went forward proved that Jesus had inspected his temple in 1919 and found only the WTS serving God in the right way, that they were freed from Babylon the Great. Of coursse, they were still celebrating birthdays, Christmas, and using the cross (until 1936). So how "pure" could they have been.

w97 5/1 p. 20 Messengers of Godly Peace Pronounced Happy ***

Let us see how. Jehovah says: "They will certainly come [to their land] and remove all its disgusting things and all its detestable things out of it." Just as prophesied, starting in 1919, Jehovah cleansed his people and reinvigorated them to serve him. They began to remove from their spiritual environment all the Babylonish practices and doctrines that polluted them in his eyes.

re chap. 36 p. 266 The Great City Devastated ***

In 1919 God?s people began to flee from Babylon the Great in this way, cleansing themselves of any residual unclean teachings and practices. Thus, they were able to serve him as his purified people.?2 Corinthians 6:14-17; 1 John 3:3

w68 3/1 p. 149 Up with the True, Down with the False! ***

So, since 1919, only a small number of those professing Christianity have come out for Jehovah?s worship at his cleansed temple.

w66 12/15 pp. 758-759 Have You Said: "Here I Am! Send Me"? ***

Then, from 1919 onward, Jehovah God at his spiritual temple, began to ask whom he should send and who would go for him and his Greater Isaiah, to speak to the people of spiritually blind, deaf, hardhearted Christendom. Not the politically dominated clergy of Christendom, but the cleansed "children" of the Greater Isaiah, the anointed witnesses of Jehovah, responded with ancient Isaiah?s words: "Here I am! Send me."

• heathen
    heathen
    Then, from 1919 onward, Jehovah God at his spiritual temple, began to ask whom he should send and who would go for him and his Greater Isaiah, to speak to the people of spiritually blind, deaf, hardhearted Christendom. Not the politically dominated clergy of Christendom, but the cleansed "children" of the Greater Isaiah, the anointed witnesses of Jehovah, responded with ancient Isaiah?s words: "Here I am! Send me."

This all happened invisibly as well .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit