Seeing JWs in a positive light.

by ScoobySnax 50 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

HS.....you might be right there on a few points there.......

But look at it this way, If I were to honestly approach most JWs and tell them exactly what I had typed here would they snort at me like you appear to be doing in your post, yes they wouldn't agree in what I am doing, but they would try to understand, of that I'm sure. Of course I could not live as a gay man in a relationship and expect to be a JW, and thats certainly not what I've done. I've made my own choice to stay away from the KH, and I'm not in a relationship with a man, through my own choice. And likewise it might be my choice in the future, If I were to conform, to go back to the KH. Who knows, but I do know exactly what the score is. And I can still hold my opinion.

But listen matey, don't call me an idiot. You haven't a clue what I've been through, or how I think. You are lucky that on this forum you probably have a 1000 people who will support you for the very fact that you are an ex-JW, and will back you up. But don't try to judge me or put me in a nice little "Misguided JW box"

Maybe your advice is given to "help" me see the point you're making, and I'll thank you for that.

But please don't call me stupid.

Scoob

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thanks Xena! I couldn't do that to someone either, like I said, I always headed for the d/f one at the back of the hall to smile at them.....After them making all the effort, I wanted them to know that it was ok.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Steve....what an excellent post, you said much better what I wanted to say.

Scoob

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

No Gumby, some apostates don't do that, they just talk down to you like you're some kind of knob.

• gumby
    gumby
    No Gumby, some apostates don't do that, they just talk down to you like you're some kind of knob.

Scoob, Im sure your no knob....in fact you seem like a guy with a good heart which I'm sure you are. The point that bugs people about you is your unwillingness to let go of the Jehovah's Witness faith in that it somehow is STILL something you feel you need to subscribe to. Yes they are nice people in general,,,,but yes they are a destructive cult whether each individual is to blame or not. Gumby

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

p.s....what part of this statement is false?

Jehovah's Witnesses are loving, sweet, thoughtful, and kind...

...until they find out you don't want to study with them, are DF'd or (shudder) an apostate.

also, i don't understand your comments alluding that apostates got each other's back, etc., and god forbid you should disagree with them... i don't agree with a lot of people here and in my recent experience, the only negative encounters i've had have been with an active jw and a person who was never a jw... you seem to think that people speak their mind because someone will come to their rescue and agree with them just because they are "fellow apostates"... which just isn't true. if you're upset with other posters, be upset with the ones who addressed you directly and got you upset in the first place, ok?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Gumby... I have to thankyou for your last post, and I honestly mean that. I know I might get on peoples nerves here sometimes because of the way I might feel for JWs and the faith I still think about. I can't help that, I can't stop feeling the way I do. But at the end of the day, this is a forum for ex-jws, and if I put myself in the firing line then I should expect to get shot at.

I just object to people saying I'm an idiot or stupid, I'm not. Messed up a bit maybe, but not an idiot. LOL

Time for bed me thinks.

Regards

Scoob

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

OK I&P..... point taken

Best

Scoob

• gumby
    gumby

Tic toc tic toc tic toc tic toc tic toc tic toc

OK...this is for when you wake up in the morning.

Good morning scoob!

I know I might get on peoples nerves here sometimes because of the way I might feel for JWs and the faith I still think about. I can't help that, I can't stop feeling the way I do.

Scooby, the first time a poster here told me that he stayed in the organisation for 10 years....AFTER he read COC and other material that exposed the witnesses.....I couldn't believe it. Now I believe it, but I don't understand it. He explained why he did but I never fully understood.

I'm sure you feel if the witnesses would ditch many of their peculiar ways and teachings, they would be a fine group to be involved with. From a biblical perspective I agree....but the fact is, they won't and never will without losing there entire foundation which their religion is built upon. Once they lose that, you simply have everyday believers and they lose their "specialness" and scooby has no favored group any longer and scooby isn't special anymore in that he's no longer in an elite group. That's how it works. We hate to lose our specialness.

Gumby

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I guess that you never see the posts on here where someone is going through rough times, sometimes the most awful things, sometimes life's ups and downs, and the outpouring of support and comfort that comes from the board. I guess you never see them because you never comment on them, your posts are often along the lines of "why do you all hate JWs?", "JWs are lovely people".

Well, I had my rough time recently - I found out at 20 weeks that my baby had severe internal abnormalities, and I had a termination.

1) If I were still a JW, I would have been disfellowshipped for that.

2) I was overwhelmed by the level of support I received from those arseholes in the "World". From the midwives who cared for me, through neighbours, old workmates, current workmates, friends, virtual strangers, and virtual friends here on the board. Are all of them pro-choice? Would all of them have taken the same decision we did? Did all of them approve of what I did?

3) I discount in no measure the love and support of my family. My JW mother took the task of ringing my friends to tell them what had happened - I couldn't face it, and it couldn't have been easy for her. I am very lucky that my parents don't shun me. Which is warped really, why should I feel grateful for that? They have stood by me and came to the baby's funeral with us, and helped in whatever way they could.

My point is, that there are lovely, warm, kind, generous people in every walk of life. I have no doubt that in your work you meet your fair share of arseholes - they are everywhere. It is easy to only see arseholes in one sector of society, and only see nice people in another sector.

I got bullied at school because of my religion too. I also got bullied because I had a funny surname, a different accent and big tits. Find me a person who didn't get picked on about something.

And please, show me one of my posts where I show hate for JWs in general. I don't even hate the people who turned a blind eye when I turned up to the Memorial with a shiner. I admit I would rather not ever set eyes on my JW ex-husband who did it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit