Seeing JWs in a positive light.

by ScoobySnax 50 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    And who's to say that she is wrong and you are now right? or vice -versa. Its about choices we make. Its her choice to follow what you once taught her, as it is yours to leave what you once thought/believed. Don't you think?

Did you just say......who's to say she's wrong scooby? Tell me you didn't mean that. If you haven't figured out that the JW religion is totally bullshit by now, them I'm worried about ya.

As for choices....of course we each have a choice....what's your point?

Gumby

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

LoverofTruth ..No that can't be nice, and I don't know the full story either. Like many here I remember having a bastard of a headteacher that used to make us 9 witnesses in the school walk the whole length of the school hall after religious assembly before we could sit down (the whole school would be waiting) and the senior years would spit and trip us up and whisper Jobo, Jew, Jovo, etc etc every morning and carry it on in the school yard for most of my time at senior school. Did I hate them? No not really, I didn't like it, but mostly I stuck closer to my friends who didn't care whether I was JW.

I remember a "brother" in the congregation who was an elder when I was in my teens, and I was trying to get to meetings on my own, he made me feel like shit, always told me what I was doing wrong, critisised me, pulled me down, and always seemed to have his eye on me, discouraged me when what I needed was the opposite at the time. The other elders supported me yet I couldn't understand why he didn't. Soon after, as I was fading, he got disfellowshipped, was I glad? well yes in a way, I remember thinking he won't do that again to someone else........did it colour my view of d/f people? NO......else I wouldn't be here would I.

Before I go on.......do you see what I'm saying?

Scoob

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Gumby... Yes that was my thought exactly. If you can't see what point I was making then I feel sorry for you too. Just because you say its so, doesn't make it so.

Making your own choice about whats "right" was "exactly" my point.

Scoob

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Jehovah's Witnesses are loving, sweet, thoughtful, and kind...

...until they find out you don't want to study with them, are DF'd or (shudder) an apostate.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scooby,

Being gay and out away from the brothers and sisters, and out of the truth doesn't stop me having an opinion, or make me less entitled to one than some of you straight ones out there who are out yourselves. I did get angry about a couple of peoples comments that bought this aspect into it. (Did you tell them you are an ex JW homosexual etc etc) that really has no bearing on this post, or what I was trying to say.

Do not be an idiot Scooby.

How do you judge whether a person is 'nice' or not? Surely it is by the way they respect your choices, yes even choices that they may not agree with.

If these people who were so warm to you in the hospital knew that you were an ex Jehovah's Witness, who has chosen to live a homsosexual life-style and is posting on a discussion board frequented by apostates, atheists and other 'worldlings' ( a WTS word you might recall ) do you think that they would have been as warm and friendly?

I happen to agree with you that most JW's are decent enough folk until of course you cross the boundaries that they have allowed a group of men to establish for them as to whom they wish to show respect for and to whom they do not.

You are still living in severe denial of the realities in your religious and social life Scooby and I fully expect you to give in to your usual pouting and ad-hominem attacks when your fantasy world is shaken, but this does not change the fact that your viewpoint is built of a false premise. The premise is that Jehovah's Witnesses love people for who they are, they do not. They love them for *what* they are. When they find out what you are Scooby and who you have been associating with, then you can expect the very same people who were so loving to you in the hospital to turn their heads as you walk past them.

HS

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Apostates are loving, sweet, thoughtful and kind...

until they find out you don't agree with them, dare to disagree, or don't follow the party line.

See...it makes as much sense as what you typed.

• steve2
    steve2

Hey Scoob,

I always appreciate anything that helps me take a good look at myself. Yes, there's a human tendency sometimes to see all the bad and not the good. It's such a human tendency that it even characterises our respective backgrounds as JWs: A recurring theme - I know you don't need to be told this - is the JW tendency to have a bias for seeing the "bad" in non-witnesses and being very selective with attending to their own foibles. I think of the very good friends I had in the local kingdom hall and how much I miss them. They are wonderful people. It saddens me that our paths have separated and I wish that it were otherwise. I will never forget their kindness and love - they stood out as exceptional human beings, even though, sadly, they were in the minority.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

until they find out you don't agree with them, dare to disagree, or don't follow the party line.

See...it makes as much sense as what you typed.

i don't understand. my comment was my perception of Jehovah's Witnesses, based on my own individual experience with them, and was not directed @ you. as far as "apostate party line", i'm sure i have no idea what you are talking about...

• gumby
    gumby

See...it makes as much sense as what you typed

Jesus Christ scooby...are you serious?

And what happens when you disagree with apostates Scoob? Are you shunned? Is your family ripped apart by them? Do they disfellowship you or treat you as such? Do they say if you disagree with them, you will die someday soon?

That has got to be a classic statement from you if I ever heard one. Sad

Gumby

• Xena
    Xena
    Even the nicest will shun someone (even their own child/parent/sibling) when told to.

not true. When I was a JW and my mother was disfellowshipped I didn't shun her. I know of several families who don't shun their d/fed relatives.

I'm glad you had some nice interaction with some nice people today scoob. JW or not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit