i get Df'D today

by NoAnswers 31 Replies latest jw friends

• palantir
    palantir

Hey No answers, and welcome :) Am myself also new here, and was never DF'd, but am happy to tell you that it is possible to leave the WTS and keep your relatives and "friends" (don't you just love the term?) who happen to remain "in". My folks have treated me ok after I told them it was over (I suppose they still expect me to come back, LOL!). So it is possible, but I supposed your folks have to be openminded and reasonable ppl to treat you like normal ppl would after you were DF'd. Good thing you got your wife to support you. I wish all the best for you guys. I'm sure you'll find the healing process just began, and it'll take a long, long time to finally get over the past, but you can do it :) -palantir.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

thanks happy il need all the support

im going to go to the announcement just to see peoples faces

il b back tomarrow thanks guys

Well, you did the right thing. You have come to where your true friends and brothers and sisters are. We won't shun you or turn our backs on you. You really will be okay. This too shall pass.

Do come back and tell us how those faces look. I wonder if anyone will cry. Usually there are sisters in the bathroom crying.

Hugs to you and your wife.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Your in good hands here. Take a step back, look at your previous existence from the outside in. Crises of Conscience by Raymond Franz is the begining of many a recovery here, It may do both your wife and yourself a good read. It helps to give a more complete understanding about life from the inside of Oz that will truly surprise you. It'll help reduce the sting. I can't say enough about the book. And do please bring your wife in, you'll both begin to see things differently without the blinders, and you'll feel at home soon.

• dh
    dh

congratulations, you made it!

• under74
    under74

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you're going through the shunning--most of us here can relate in some way, shape or form as you'll see in the many posts here. I'm hoping to see more from you soon.

Welcome to you too palantir.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hey, NA!!! Welcome to the irreverant, but fun, and always supportive JWD forum! You'll find your fellow "apostatoes" are not a bad sort at all............seriously tho...........most of us have been thru what you are going thru..........I myself made the decision to leave and was DF'd 6 years ago.............I also ended my marriage to my JW elder husband at the same time...........my whole life has changed and I now am a happy, joyful member of "the world". Be prepared to learn LOTS about the "cult" you were involved in. I, personally, wouldn't change a moment of my journey out.

Hugs and welcome!

Terri

P.S. get your wife to join too!!!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Now you can sing, "It's my life, and I do what I want." Do well! Lots of things to study instead of K.M.s over and over and over. May you have a good life, you and your family. peace and blessings.

• Redneckgurl
  • Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

Noanswers,

Welcome to this very supportive group. Sorry you are having to deal with this sort of pain right now, but you WILL be alright. My husband and I were both announced on Christmas Day '03 that we disassociated ourselves, and you can imagine what a stir that caused! Both of our parents are JW's and so are our siblings, with exception of one of my husbands brothers. We have 3 kids who don't see their grandparents much at all.

Be thankful you have your wife there, hopefully you are supporting eachother, and things will get easier as you learn to live in the real world.

Krissy

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

What did you guys do... was it naughty???

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit