i get Df'D today

by NoAnswers 31 Replies latest jw friends

• NoAnswers
    NoAnswers

thanks Tasha

• Released
    Released

Take heart its gets better with time. I was df'd 3 mos ago with my and my wifes family still in.

I suggest doing some research on the org. reading Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz. This book was critical in my recovery and peace of mind. \

Released

• Bryan
    Bryan

No answers,

I know it's tough when the fam treats you this way, but I can promis you, this may be the luckiest day of your life. Before you think about trying to get back in, step back and take a look at the organization from the outside. At least do some research before you commit your life to those people again.

Congrats to you and your wife! I know it's tough, but time will heal all wounds.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Welcome !!!

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

hope you can adjust with as little trauma as possible to life as a newly disfellowshiped exdub. they try to make you look like some kind of guilty party, but many of us know jolly well who is trying to bugger up the lives of whom, and the methods they employ to accomplish this. try not to think of yourself as being a "disfellowshiped" person, even if you think that for whatever reason it is in your best interests to play by their rules, since this nasty little title is their title, from their nomenclature. you're a "person", first & foremost, not a "disfellowshiped person".

keep your chin up!

best wishes,

pepheuga

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

They're announcing my DF Feb 2nd. We're having a party, wanna come? ;-)

My inlaw's are all JW's, they have promised to shun me. My parents never were JW's, so no problem there. I hope you and your wife can pick up and start your life anew WITHOUT the Watchtower's constant controlling and guilt-tripping. I never felt better in my life than the day I realized the Watchtower was a bunch of hooey and I was feeling guilty all the time (for not "doing more") over nothing.

Take care, and welcome to the forum! No shunning here, you're accepted for who you are.

Dave

• Purza
    Purza

I am sorry. It is a very painful experience, but I believe you will find many people who have survived and are better off now.

I wish you the best.

Purza

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey noanswers. Not sorry to hear about your DFing as it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It's been over 45 years since I was outed and it still gives me a great deal of satisfaction that I am no longer under the thumb of nitwit JW minigods!

Bring your wife here and introduce her...

carmel

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi and welcome. This is the first day of the rest of your life. Hang in there.

• Swan
    Swan

Celebrate with some champagne! This is truly the first day of the rest of your life. It only gets better after this.

Welcome!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit