Who's Counting "hours"?.... look again!

by upside/down 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• upside/down
    upside/down

One time while out in service we saw some Mormon's working the same territory.

The inevitable put-down comment was made that "they" only put in two years of "missionary" work in, then their church helps them financially to get "set" in the business world (bastards!). Unlike "us" (the Dubs) who slave for the Lord our WHOLE life. And get nothing (in this life).

So I started to do the math... If you just go strictly by "Witness" standards of weights and measurements (counting "time"), here's what I came up with:

2 years of "full-time" service (so it ALL counts)= 17,520 hours

Average Dub gets about 8-10 hours per month. Which means the Mormon (2 yr. stint) equals roughly 146 years of the Dub equivelant.

But let's be FAIR... We'll only give the Mormon boys 8 hours per day for their 2 years. So that's 5,840 hours

That's still 48.66 years at the Dub average! And we were so proud of our "average". The Dubs would actually do better by doing a "stint" like the Mormon boys do, then freeing them up to be productive members of society for the rest of their lives. Maybe even a little WTS "financial incentive" could be thrown in. Possibly a "WTS university"(we'd call it Faithful and Discret University or F'd U for short, lol) for after the "missionary" "stint".Hell the ranks would SWELL! Maybe even a football team.... So what do you think?

Hours SUCK!

u/d

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Then all the WTS would have to do is buy stock in Tim Hortons so they can make $$ on all the coffee breaks.

Maybe we shouldn't be giving them ideas.

Walter

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I wonder if Jesus and the Apostles kept a tab of their hours in service. And what? No magazines to place? And no Bibles to tote in book bags? However, it could have been tougher on them, since they would have had to go to the synagogues if they wanted to consult the scrolls of the Old Testament.

• upside/down
    upside/down

just to make sure... this thread id NOT an endorsement of the Mormon faith.

Strictly to show the emptiness of counting "time".

u/d

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Yeah...and no coffee breaks for those guys...what super troopers they are!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Okay I'm hijacking my own thread......

How does that dipsh*t "brownboy" get 10,000 views and responses to his psychotic ramblings?

Am I not "evil" enough? - A.P.

I'm starting to get a complex (or is it a "simplex"?) Anyway COME ON, WHATS UP?

u/d (from the "has no class- class")

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Hey, I've seen Mormons in Tim Hortons, but they don't sit there for half an hour. They take their stuff to go.

Walter

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

and the funny thing about mormons is: THEY DONT PRETEND TO KNOCK ON DOORS, THEY ACTUALLY MAKE THEIR HOURS COUNT, AND THEY ACTUALLY TRY TO ENGAGE IN SPIRITUAL/SCRIPTURAL CONVERSATIONS... a lot of times they dont even have an extra book of mormon on them, which means they're not ALL about placements. when i would return from service (years ago), the first question asked was>>>> u guessed it! "DID U PLACE ANY MAGS TODAY???" sorry guys im gonna have to make a new thread out of that...

bethel

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

That is actually quite good reasoning - I like it - some LDS do get prime assignments like showing visitors around the temple comples at Temple Square in Salt Lake City - I have been - it is a beautiful city and well worth a visit

• upside/down
    upside/down

I can't believe brownboy is kickin my ass!

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit