My Elder Friend Got Announced As Being Deleted.....

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    My Elder Friend Got Announced As Being Deleted

I think you mean 'removed' don't you Minimus?

I'll be glad to correct the title, or would you rather?

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes, but the problem as I see it is not so much that another person has had their eyes open, so to speak; but to be AT THAT AGE and look back over your life and say...what did I do? Must be excruciating. Especially to know you have raised your children with that way of life.

Min, you might try encouraging her to go back to meetings if she wants to....that she does not have to change her beliefs at this age of her life., you will accept her no matter what decision she makes...might be too painful for her to break away...

I suppose I have the same situation with my elderly mother, except she is dissassociated like myself ; but occasionaly remarks about how happy she was "in the Truth". At times she apologizes to me for raising me in that religion; at other times says she wondered what negative things might have befallen us had we not been JWs.

With the elderly; I have found it better to just listen and be supportive of them. They have earned the right to be or say whatever they want....

• Mulan
    Mulan
    My Elder Friend Got Announced As Being Deleted

I think you mean disfellowshipped don't you Minimus?

I understand this to mean he was deleted as an elder.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Big Tex, they say "deleted" now from the platform. If they were happy with your services and sorry you are deleting yourself, they will give a nice little speech of thanks and the congregation is no longer to say he "stepped down" rather he "stepped aside" ......

Sorry min for everything your family is going through.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe it is announced this way, "X will no longer be serving as an elder". To the Society, whether it was a resignation or a removal, they consider it a "deletion".

• Mary
    Mary

Geeze, another fallout from your daughter's wedding.........Min, yer gonna burn in hell for all the people that have had their lives turned around all from attending your daughter's wedding!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Minnie.............. this is one of those situations that may be "sad for the Moment'. Your Mom gets to deal with the "wasted years" and your Elder pal gets to deal with his fallout. We all know how tough that can be.

Good news is they both get one hell of a jump-start on their journey "out". A few well placed suggestions to assist the logic~ well, you may gain your Mom and your Elder pal back from the Wicked Slave.

Keep us informed of how this story plays out. And give Mom a hug from all of us at JWD!

~Hill (wishes the WTBTS would do something crappy to his relatives class)

• Gill
    Gill

Must have been one hell of a wedding!

Are you sure the other elders are not just jealous you didn't invite them.

Sorry to make light of your situation Minimus but these people representing the WTBTS are just so totally daft.

First you poor mum and now your friend. Be interesting to see who they jump on next. Silly asses!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Right..so he wasn't actually disfellowshipped, he was just deleted as an elder?

The WT makes 12 references to "deletion", 6 of them in this 1990 article of which I have pasted a snippet:

>>>>>>>18

If you at one time were an elder or a ministerial servant but do not now serve in that capacity, be sure that God still cares for you, and perhaps he will grant you some unexpected privileges in the future. (1 Peter 5:6, 7) If you need to make some adjustments, be willing to admit a fault and work on it with God’s help. Some who have been deleted as elders have adopted an unchristian attitude, and a few have become inactive or have fallen away from the truth. But how wise it is to be like those who have manifested a fine spirit! For instance, when an elder who had served for years in Central America was deleted, he said: "It hurts me very much to have lost the privilege that I have treasured for so long. But I am going to work hard in whatever way the brothers want to use me and work to recover my privileges of service." In time, this brother was privileged to serve as an elder again.

If you were deleted as an elder or as a ministerial servant, then, maintain a humble spirit. Avoid a bitter attitude that would disqualify you for future privileges. A godly spirit wins respect. Instead of becoming discouraged, reflect on how Jehovah is blessing your ministry or your household. Build your family up spiritually, visit the sick, and encourage the weak. Above all, cherish your privilege of praising God and proclaiming the good news as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.—Psalm 145:1, 2; Isaiah 43:10-12.<<<<<<<

Englishman.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Not that this has any bearing on what is happening, but is the whole elder body behaving this way? Or is there one pompous, chest-beating, narcissist ass driving the others? Pater and I were talking about this last night and wondered how often renegade, vindictive BOEs are primarily the doing of one elder setting the "tone."

Maybe it IS time for a well-written letter to the Society about this behaviour. I'll bet your mom and your deleted elder friend could put their heads together and write a doozy about this abusive conduct.

O (who doesn't like JWism, but still gets angry when the flock is abused.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit