I Received the New Magazines in My Mail...

by lonelysheep 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• euripides
    euripides

U.S. Code 18 Sec. 1725: Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits any mailable matter such as statements of accounts, circulars, sale bills, or other like matter, on which no postage has been paid, in any letter box established, approved, or accepted by the Postal Service for the receipt or delivery of mail matter on any mail route with intent to avoid payment of lawful postage thereon, shall for each such offense be fined under this title. The penalty is still $300, according to the USPS, for each offense. Maybe a letter to the congregational elders citing the law and the KM above? Euripides

• Glofishy
    Glofishy

Yep it's a Federal offense. And they owe the Postal Service some money! They should pay. I've heard of other people in similar situations sending them a heavy envelope with a couple of pennies postage on it with no return address. Not that heavy, just less than a pound. They send it because it can only be forwarded to the address shown, but it will arrive postage due. They then have to pay for the postage in order to keep the envelope. Not that I'm encouraging it, just letting you know what I've heard other people have done.

To properly address this situation, I'd encourage you to go through the USPS channels and file a complaint. I've heard that there is a huge problem with mail theft, and this would be the perfect guise in which someone could abuse it and steal mail. If someone could improperly put something in, they could also take something out. Good luck to you and give us an update :)

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I would not complain to the USPS. I would return the favor and send him a copy of COC.

That's a good idea! OTOH, why not do both? Why should dubs' violations of the law be overlooked? It just emboldens them--they think J is helping to shield them from the consequences of breaking the law. A little fine and hand-slapping from the feds would do 'em good. It will help them to examine why they are doing such extreme things in the service of their "faith".

I imagine, in other cases, mags were left by themselves, so they just wrote a letter to the cong because they didn't know who did it. In this case, as I understand it, the person who did it signed her name, so it should be really easy for the USPS to follow up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit