I Received the New Magazines in My Mail...

by lonelysheep 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

[First...There are about 3 or 4 kh's in my city. Over the summer, they moved people into their proper congregations based on territory. Although I'd never gone to the closest hall, this is where the magazines came from per the return address.]

I came home yesterday to find 2 unstamped envelopes in my mail. One had an Awake and the other had the Watchtower. Inside was a note that read:

Dear Neighbor:

I'm writing you this letter because I was not able to reach you at home. I'm involved in a volunteer work that encourages learning more about the bible. This program is being offered all over the world. Enclosed is a magazine that directs your attention to bible and all its promises for the future. I hope you enjoy reading it. If you have any questions or want to know more, you can contact me at the above address or refer to the address on the back page of the magazine.

Sincerely,

xxx xxxxx

So, I wonder if they are now getting magazines out this way as a regular basis.

Maybe I'll write her back.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

uh oh. the good witness broke federal law putting unstamped mail in the mail box!

• Valis
    Valis

maybe some disabled person doing the preaching work from home?

• Honesty
    Honesty

At least she was honest about it being a volunteer work. If they only knew!!!

• blondie
    blondie

km 6/91 p. 3 Announcements ***
    The Society has on occasion received correspondence from the postal service and other individuals about literature being placed in mailboxes without proper postage. Publishers should be reminded that, according to government regulations, anyone who puts material into a mailbox without having properly paid the postage faces a fine of up to $300 for each offense.

This person was able to spend and count the time writing the notes at home, then place, no get rid of, magazines. Several service overseers have told the publishers to leave magazines and not return later since the congregation is so far behind "working" their territories. Periodically the WTS has to remind their members that it is against the law to drop stuff in the mailbox.

I can remember one lady who called up and blistered the PO's ears. The woman had been home but not answering the door, took down the license plate and called it into the police. Guess what was the special needs talk that week?

• rebel8
    rebel8

If it were me, I'd file a complaint. They know they are not supposed to use the mailboxes. They know they are supposed to follow "Caesar's law". They've been told about the mailboxes over and over--it's one of the first things a person learns when they begin to "go out in service". It's basic knowledge all JWs have. Yet she blatantly disregarded it.

Here's how to file a complaint: http://pe.usps.gov/text/dmm/G011.htm#Rdh23689 See section 5.0. Send the note and the magazine along with your letter outlining your complaint.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I would definitely complain.

They did door to door work, businesses, phone territory, and now leaving them in mailboxes?? No way. The day I receive a magazine, is the day I file a formal complaint with the USPS.

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

Why not just return the favor and send them a copy of COC.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I had no idea this was against the law, and that you're told not to do this!!! Tsk tsk...

Thank you for the link and info!

Why not just return the favor and send them a copy of COC.
    Lol...this was the first thing that came to my mind.
  • unbeliever
    unbeliever

I would not complain to the USPS. I would return the favor and send him a copy of COC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit