Jehovas Witnesses get disfellowshipped for asking questions???

by holly 23 Replies latest members private

• holly
    holly

Thanks so much for all your comments. they are helping to make sense of all this madness. feel like ive been hypnotised for the last year and im just waking up.

Elsewhere - interesting and thought provoking article.

seeing the woman i study with tomorrow. i realise she is just doing what she has been taught and sincerely believes it - she had me at that point too a a couple of weeks ago. easy to get that way once you start down that road.

thank god for modern technology. i can say with certainly i would have become a jw if it hadnt been for this forum. that isnt said to make anyone feel guilty - i take full responsibility for myself and what i do and dont do. just the thought of being disfellowshipped for daring to ask a question, is enough to stop me getting dipped.

will keep you posted

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

the rule is simple: if you don't let the funny guys of the governing body think for you but use your very own brain instead, you're heading for BIG trouble. doesn't necessarily mean disfellowshipping, but they'll surely make you feel VERY uncomfortable. until you believe what you have to again.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi Holly.. you sound like a really sincere person. There are lots of really good books on sites like Amazon that talk about the Bible and how it is a really facinating book, but not nessesarily inspired. The great thing is that you can come to your own conclusions and go from there. Thats one of the greatest things I've found about being and ex-jw - the ability to think for myself. It's easy to take for granted. Best of luck!

• trevor
    trevor

Elsewhere

Thanks for that photocopy, it was very telling. It shows how blatent the WT are about controling the thoughts and beliefs of its members. George Orwell 1984 comes to mind.

I could never go there again! I have my mind back and I intend to keep it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit