Jehovas Witnesses get disfellowshipped for asking questions???

by holly 23 Replies latest members private

• Carmel
    Carmel

Sure did! And don't believe it if someone tells you that the WBTS has changed, that they didn't do things like that years ago. I was Df'd over 45 years ago for continuing to ask questions that everyone evaded. They were as rotten in the core bake in 58 as they are now.

carmel

• anuva
    anuva

Actually ....it is like ....

OURs is an Apostate Reasoning....................theirs is a Divine reasoning.....

So we cannot have any genuine Concerns with our reasoning...

mind control as simple as that

anuva

• jgnat
    jgnat

holly, since you are studying, not baptized yet, your questions will likely be deflected. If you persist in asking, or dare to suggest that their explanation is wonky, they may suggest that you are "not ready" for the baptismal commitment yet.

Ask your study leader if there is any friend, relative, or anybody else, former Witness, that they no longer talk to. Ask them when they visited or talked to that person last.

The Watchower wants compliant, non-questioning members.

• holly
    holly

jgnat - i did phone the person im studying with and ask some questions. i couldnt wait till my next study, so rang and said i was having doubts because of this, this, this, this, and this ....................

thats the first thing she said. i could forget about baptism as i obviously wasnt ready. i said, 'so its true then, jws once baptised are not allowed to ask questions'. she said she thinks ive been misinformed by extremists and will chat tmw.

watch this space.............

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    misinformed by extremists

LOL! They let people die over the blood issue, they walk through snow to bug people at 9 o'clock in the morning, they go to 3 meetings a week, they won't associate with anyone but themselves, they make their kids sit in the hallway when it's 'birthday time', they refuse to speak to their relatives that have decided to stop being JW's, and WE ARE THE EXTREMISTS?!?!?

I found that comment EXTREMELY ironic... ;-)

(And yes, Holly, I am watching this space with eager anticipation...)

Dave

• undercover
    undercover

Holly,

I remember your first post and I offered this advice:

One note of caution: If you let on to whoever is studying with you that you are researching the JWs outside of their own literature you will meet with opposition to that. That right there should tell you something. Why would anyone who has nothing to hide want to keep you from reading about the organization from outside sources?

You are now seeing that come about. You have asked questions and the answer was deflected, at least temporarily. You've already been bumped from "ready for baptism" status. When you meet again, your study conductor will warn you about reading information about JWs anywhere than from what they have to offer you. Anything that you say you have read elsewhere will land on deaf ears. They will not listen to it. They will urge you to ignore what you have learned from other sources and accept only what they tell you.

In defense of your study conductor; she is not part of a conspiracy to trap you into a cult, she herself is trapped and dosen't know it. She is conditioned to not listen to any negative talk about the WTS. She never questions it and will not be able to answer your questions. Her defense will be to deflect the questions and rely only on WTS publications.

Be prepared to be frustrated and irritated. You will not get satisfactory answers from her. But it will show you that independant thinking and objective reasoning is not part of the JW mind. It's obedience first and never question the organization.

Good luck, I think you're starting to see it and you will be okay.

• Satanus
    Satanus

As almostathiest and jeanniebeanz explained is how it goes. My own experience was exactly that. I was dfd as an apostate for asking questions, not agreeing w the answers, then asking more questions.

S

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i asked some questions they didn't expect, so i lost all my "priviledges". i decided not to talk about my "doubts" to more than one elder and am rather quiet about them. that's why they leave me alone. they call if i miss more than one meeting though, asking about "how i am" and that they were "missing me".

oh i'd just love to have a bible study with my brothers. i'd prepare every single meeting and make them look like idiots every time.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    The question itself isn't the problem, it is not accepting the answer that they give from their headquarters.

That wasn't true in my old cong. Mine was like hubert described--once you were baptized, the questions absolutely had to stop. Asking any questions at all, at best got you labeled as "falling away" and/or "bad association"; at worst, DFd and labeled as an "apostate".

That was all for just asking questions, not for disagreeing with them.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is a letter the WTS sent to elders to explain how to handle people who ask questions....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit