What did you do with your books?

by imnottheonlyone! 19 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

they are still there on some shelves ...

• Mulan
    Mulan

We took most to the dump, sold some of the old ones on ebay and made alot of money, and kept a few.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I gave my collection of bound volumes to a zealous brother who was very new and trying to build his library. The "Aid Book" and some other large volumes were sold to a local used bookstore. The rest was discarded.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Still have them all.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Aside from my NWT...lets just say it was a cold winter....

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I only kept the the CD-rom and the Insight Books. - the rest old paper recycling.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I still have them and don't plan on getting rid of them. I have a personal library that any congregation would be proud to have. My books go all the way back to CTR. Recently my daughter-in-law (the one who has had me banned from her house) tried to get my wife to donate them to a congregation (that ought to tell you just how extensive that collection is), but I'd rather keep them for critical research.

• meat pie
    meat pie

Kept one or two and passed on one, apart from that....

Burn baby burn .. Disco inferno !!!

Hot meat pie!

• fairchild
    fairchild
    (lostreality) Aside from my NWT...lets just say it was a cold winter....

Lol

• blondie
    blondie

Forscher,

My books go all the way back to CTR. Recently my daughter-in-law (the one who has had me banned from her house) tried to get my wife to donate them to a congregation (that ought to tell you just how extensive that collection is), but I'd rather keep them for critical research.

I take it your daughter-in-law doesn't consider you the head of your house and the owner of those books?

I have quite a few from the CTR era. I would like to get copies of the Golden Age and Consolation even if they are just reprints.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit