What did you do with your books?

by imnottheonlyone! 19 Replies latest jw friends

• imnottheonlyone!
    imnottheonlyone!

I am curious...what did you all do with your JW books and paraphanalia? I carted mine around for years and kept them in boxes. I was like afraid to do anything with them, even though I was sure I didn't want them. I wound up having a trash party about 6 years ago...and I felt one step closer to freedom. It looks like some are for sale on Ebay...a way to make a buck, but pass on the misery.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Yeah, we chucked ours before we realized we could make some money and get some of our wasted money back

We did keep a few, especially the one that pointed to 1975 as the start of armageddon, so if anyone denied they printed it, we could show them from their publication.

cj

• blondie
    blondie

I do a lot of research so I have kept mine. I have stored the ones that are on the WT-CD. Maybe I will sell them some day if I need the room.

I also have books regarding other religious groups too so I just consider them more of the same.

So some are getting rid of them and some are buying them, an equalizing of resources.

Blondie

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

When the right time comes and exit the WTBTS, I'll go through my house with a fine tooth comb and throw in the trash all of their stuff.

Maybe I'll keep a NWT Bible, just for comparison purposes.

DY

• metatron
    metatron

Got a wood stove? Make some heat.

metatron

• prophecor
    prophecor

So which book is it that points to 1975?

• Poztate
    Poztate

I trashed some and threw some in the fireplace.(kinda suprised they burned so well)

I think if I had to do it over again I would box them up and send them to Randy... www.freeminds.org

He could sell them and make a few bucks to help keep his VERY GOOD SITE up and running.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Stored at my mom's. Sometimes wish I had them with me so that I could do a little critical research.

• blondie
    blondie
    So which book is it that points to 1975?

Life Everlasting?in Freedom of the Sons of God (1966)

w67 1/1 p. 29 Have You Read Your Copy? ***

But, without a doubt, nothing has created more interest in this textbook than the first chapter with its chart and fine information regarding the 7,000 years of God?s rest day. The observation that 1975 may well mark the beginning of mankind?s great Jubilee has intrigued many.

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

re: 1975. The KM's are good to keep too. There's a nice one that commends the Bro's for "selling their house's and going pioneering" before 1975 comes. and another that says "we have only a few months not years" i'm sure blondie can provide the needed inofo, if you need to know which one exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit