"Equilibrium" the movie is an example of the WTBTS

by PinTail 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PinTail
    PinTail

There is a movie called "Equilibrium" this movie is a prototype of being a Jehovah's witness, in it there is a hierarchy that is a ruthless goverment and the spiritual source for all thought till a hero comes and awakens them. This is a must see movie for all witness's.

I don't know, it just made me think of the witness's during all the time I was watching it.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Me too.

The parallels in that movie compared to witness life and the attitude of the WT organization is striking to say the least.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Thanks! Anytime I can find out about these types of movies to get the wife thinking, without the perceived threat, I'm all over it.

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn

it was a bit eerie the way that movie reminded me so of the wts.....plus, it's just a good movie with the wonderful soon-to-be-batman christian bale....

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Equilibrium

BY ROGER EBERT / December 6, 2002

"Equilibrium'' would be a mindless action picture, except that it has a mind. It doesn't do a lot of deep thinking, but unlike many futuristic combos of sf and f/x, it does make a statement: Freedom of opinion is a threat to totalitarian systems. Dictatorships of both the left and right are frightened by the idea of their citizens thinking too much, or having too much fun.

The movie deals with this notion in the most effective way, by burying it in the story and almost drowning it with entertainment. In a free society many, maybe most, audience members will hardly notice the message. But there are nations and religions that would find this movie dangerous. You know who you are...

Whole review at: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20021206/REVIEWS/212060303/1023

• PinTail
    PinTail

I never thought of that aspect of seeing the movie with family members and friends. The movie is a subtle but profound way of making them think, I will
    definitely purchase the movie to add to my collection. Thanks for the idea.
    I wonder where I can find a place it to buy it, cause it came out in 1992 I think? Shane

• upside/down
    upside/down

SilentLambs recommends watching The Truman Show for JW's...(and to take notes while watching) interesting...

The new move "Constantine" coming out soon looks very promising (albeit very Hollywood).

Just my 2 cents,

u/d

• M.J.
    M.J.

Brave New World is a TV movie which I hear is along the same lines.

Fahrenheit 451, which was adapted to a movie in 1966 I hear is soon to be remade.

I am anxious to check these out.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*** Adds Equilibrium to my NetFlix queue ***

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Believe it or not, MY JW wife actually likes this movie a lot moreso for the action scenes than anything else. In true witness fashion, the underlining story went right over her head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit