Why do we expexct Jehovah to be nice to people?

by Gill 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

BTW Gill

The reason I asked my question:

Are we talking about the god of the watchtower or the God of the bible?

Is because of your question:

So why do we still expect niceness? Surely we only saw niceness from Jesus.

I believe Jesus is God

D Dog

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gill

So it's a kind of lottery then?

Rom 9:16-

Therefore, God's choice does not depend on a person's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

You can call it what ever you want, I'll call it "God's mercy".

And why are we needing to be saved from this very angry God then?

I think you mean "Just God"

D Dog

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    Why do we expect Jehovah to be nice to people?

Well, perhaps partly because of statements like this

1 John 4:8
    Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
    1 John 4:16
    And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

In reality, though, you're right. God is a big prick.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Running man

In reality, though, you're right. God is a big prick.

I see, God is wrong and Running man is right. OOOK...

D Dog

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

hm, deputy dog has a strange sense of justice...

about jesus being not that kind... he got angry, just because his disciples couldn't heal a posessed person. he got angry at the catering service at temple. he got angry at peter, just because he didn't want him to die. heck, he even got angry at a fig tree, because it didn't have fruit out of season.

he spoke in parables, so the people wouldn't understand and believe and perhaps being saved. he condemned whole cities to a fate worse than sodom and gomorrah. he accused the jews of being children of the prophets's murderers. he said, those who have should be given more, and from those who have not, everything should be taken away.

he called a greek lady a dog. he told a man who just lost his father to let the dead burry the dead. and he just loved to talk about eternal punishment and fire...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    I see, God is wrong and Running man is right.

It's more a matter of RunningMan exists and God doesn't. And, if he doesn't like my opinion, he can deal with me. I'm not worried.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

if god would exist, and the bible would be true, i wouldn't expect him to be nice. satan is much nicer, at least he says the truth.

in the garden of eden god tells adam to not eat from the tree of knowledge, as he would die the same day. satan says, no you are not going to die, but you'll be just like god. he eats, he does not die the same day. but god is afraid that he could also eat fruit of the tree of life and be like him (actually: them), so he quickly bans him from eden...

then he wrote a book to discredit satan and tell lies about him, but he forgot to edit that little story out before the book hit the stores.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

google

in the garden of eden god tells adam to not eat from the tree of knowledge, as he would die the same day. satan says, no you are not going to die, but you'll be just like god. he eats, he does not die the same day. but god is afraid that he could also eat fruit of the tree of life and be like him (actually: them), so he quickly bans him from eden...

I think he did die the same day, and every man (human) after him was born dead (spiritually separated from god). That's why Jesus said "let the dead bury the dead" D Dog

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

RM

It's more a matter of RunningMan exists and God doesn't.

If you believe that, why are you so mad at something or someone that doesn't exist?

And, if he doesn't like my opinion, he can deal with me.

I don't think He is worried about your opinion.

D Dog

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

well, if you think so... the bible says something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit